X

exhaust problem

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exhaust problem

i just installed yoshi full exhaust on my bike.

Problem 1. lower cowl dosent fit over the exhaust
    problem 2. exhaust hits the oil pan

these are the problems i have run into so far also i went down to a 13 tooth front sprocket and im running 12000 rpm at 60 mph could my clutches be sticking also noticed the oil level was a little low i just had the oil changed in it if i add oil to the full mark will that fix the rpm problem i used 20 50 oil as well could that be too thick this all on a 94 750

YOu will need to cut your lower fairing to clear the header. As for the exhasut hitting the oil pan you could try bending it where it hits the oil pan a little. I know my Yosh I had on my pre 98 sat very close to my oil pan.

As for the rpm thing I can not help you there. I know that when I had a 14/49 set up my rpms around town would be around 7-8000. I went to a 14/47(stock for my bike is 15/47) It brought it back down. SO you may have gone down to far in the front. I would go with a 14/47 set up or something close to stock.
    www.mopowersports.com

Comment

I ran 13/48 for a season, and a highway run at an indicated 130Km/h was about 6500RPM or so.
      FrankenKat 1216
      GS Fiter 816
      GSXR750! (race)

Comment

thanks aboutthe lower cowl what about the mounting bracket it dosent clear the pipe either?

Comment

also another problem with the bike the fuel guage isn't working is it suspose to be conected to the fuel tank anywhere?

Comment

i need a manual for this bike i can see that already

Comment

Wire for the fual gauge is yellow and black , 2 wires .
              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

connected to the gas tank? because my tank has no wires comming from it

Comment

connected to the gas tank? because my tank has no wires comming from it

Comment

The wires from the sender come out of the little brass round dealy underneath . SHOULD be black and yellow , I think .

Comment

someone cut them i looked at that today they cut them real close too don't think i can fix it unless the sender is replaced

Comment

No , just solder some new wires to it . Take the cover off , and replace the wires . I did that last summer because mine got so worn . REAL easy to do .

Comment

if my petcock id in the on position and i take the prime hose off gas shouldnot keep flowing from the tank right?

Comment

Right , unless there's a problem with your petcock . Keep a rag handy .

Comment

anyone here have a petcock for sale and a fuel pump sneding unit please pm me i need to rebuild my gas tank

Comment

Working...
                              X