X

Confused on how to use a moose scrubber

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confused on how to use a moose scrubber

I just got it, read the directions, and tried putting the chain scrubber on...under the swingarm, just like it was stated.

It said, when you move the wheel, the chain scrubber will get stuck against the swingarm, allowing the chain to pass through it.

I dont understand, how can it get stuck on the swingarm? The sprocket is in the way...

Please help! I am a dummy

CyberPoet has one but is on a road trip right now.

Whatever you do don't use it with the bike running in gear!!! Yes this is something that shouldn't have to be said but believe it or not people do it .
    Kyle

Comment

The Moose will not hit the swing arm on the Kat. You can spin the wheel so the scrubber ends up hitting the transmission case, but you need to be careful that the scrubber sits square. You can break them if you are not careful. I find it easier to just hold the scrubber in the middle of the chain.

Comment

Luckily, im not that dumb. I wouldnt even think of running the bike in gear.

Tzortn...I actually found that out myself....I had it pushed against the trans case, but noticed that it wasn't fitting squarly, it actually chiped some of the opening away.

Im just glad I was doing it the "right" way...for the kats at least.

thanks

Comment

There's a string you're supposed to tie to something .
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Where did you get yours? I've been looking for one of those things and everyplace I look they are either out of stock or never have heard of it...
            Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
            Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

I got one I don't want . If you want it , you can HAVE it (minus the cleaner , of course ) .
              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

You place the cup firmly under the chain so it seats well, slide the lid on so it slides to the rear. Then spin the rear wheel backwards and the scrubber will bump against the tranny case. Spin the entire chain through about 3 times and she will be CLEAN. I love mine. Certainly the easiest way I've found to clean your chain. When you run out of the orange scented cleaner, use kerosene, or in my case JET FUEL!

I got mine here: http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...46&Division=6#

Comment

I picked up my scrubber from Dennis Kirk. The cleaner that comes with it is great. I bought a big bottle of the stuff and I use it to clean my wheels.

Comment

Originally posted by tzortn
                    The Moose will not hit the swing arm on the Kat. You can spin the wheel so the scrubber ends up hitting the transmission case, but you need to be careful that the scrubber sits square. You can break them if you are not careful. I find it easier to just hold the scrubber in the middle of the chain.
                    +1

I never figured out how to use it using that string they send you, but the above method worked just fine. It works better if you have 2 people, tho - one to spin the wheel, and one to hold the scrubber just right so the chain slides thru. I know MD86 wasn't fond of them (as well as someone else on here... can't remember who), but I think it's handy - it's easy and seems to do a pretty good job
                    "Pleasant experiences make life enjoyable, painful experiences lead to growth" - cheap Chinese fortune cookie

Comment

Working...
                    X