X

Md,ZUKI CAN U HELP

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Md,ZUKI CAN U HELP

HEY GUYS I WOULD LIKE TO ADJUST MY REAR SHOCK BUT DONT LIKE THE IDEA OF USING A HAMMER AND SCREW DRIVER DOES ANY ONE HAVE A PIC OF THE SPANNER WRENCH OR A LINK TO WHERE I CAN BUY ONE TO ADJUST REAR SHOCK

any machine tool shop should have one we have nice adjustable ones at work

Comment

If I'm not mistaken... do you not have to remove the rear shock in order to properly adjust it?

Comment

i have a 98 and i didn't have to remove anything. I found one at a salvage company in side a snowmobile. FREE

Comment

Originally posted by Junior
          If I'm not mistaken... do you not have to remove the rear shock in order to properly adjust it?
          Nope. Damping and preload can both be adjusted on the bike. Preload by the ring using a spanner wrench (evil-eye it's a half c with a hook on the end) and damping by a dial that is a PIA to get to on the bottom of the shock or by a 3 position pull knob under the seat on 750's.... this a pre98 were talking about right?
          Evil, I have a tool kit here that has the spanner and a few other tools in it. I was just about to list it on eBay but if you want it for $25 shoot me a PM.
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Not to pull a sale out from Jim..
            (A full tool kit would be a good purchase)
            But I have a Progressive Suspension spanner
            that works OK.. (just OK )
            but it was only $8

Comment

Yeah , just buy the whole stock tool kit from Jim . I did a while back just so I could get the spanner .
              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

thanks for all the help guys

but i decided to give it a try i called the place where me and my buddy both bought bikes and the dealer let me take stock tool kit out of one of the other kats for free cing as we just bought two kats and a helmet i talked him out of it C spanner works great what a big difference in handling

Comment

Working...
                X