No announcement yet.
X

Rusty Tank Electrolysis - Not Working??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Born and raised. Yes, I've seen some crazy shit in my day. No, I don't drink the water. When the switch to the flint River started, water came out of the tap brown and smelled like shit. No way anyone could drink it. Haven't drank or cooked with it since. I did have to shower in it, and there for a while, it would stink up my whole house. It was gross. It has since gone clear and doesn't smell. My water has been tested with low enough lead levels to drink but I won't fuck with it. Probably ever again. I got lucky, the lead came from the service line that connects the house to the water main. My house had tree root sewage issue 10/15 yrs ago when my sister owned it and they had to run new lines. My service lines are copper. Instead of a high lead count, I have a high copper count. Not great, but better. I don't trust the chemicals and the residual nastiness in the water system to drink it though. I've since started recycling since the amount of water bottles I consume for food and drink is staggering.

But yeah, lots of crazy stories coming out of the streets of flint. Not many of em are good. Lol

Where did you go to school?

Here's a crazy story for you...

Pull up to an intersection. Kitty corner a car pulls up to the same intersection. A prostitute gets out walks about 20 ft away from the car and stands near the corner. Some homely, junkie walks up and leans into the window of what I assume to be her pimps car. He was only there for a couple seconds and he pops up and runs like a bat out of hell down the street. Mind you, we are 50 ft away stopped at a red light. My buddy and I are wigging balls just watching the commotion. Dude sticks his hand out the window and shoots the junkie. At least once, he rang off 4 shots. At this point all three of us are like, what in the absolute fuck! I snap back and realize we haven't moved, I slapped the driver who was as dumbfounded as us and told him fuck this red-light let's get the fuck outta here! I watched that junkie catch bullets, his hands flew up in the air and he fell right on his face. My buddy speeds off. The pimp and the prostitute never moved an inch until they were out of sight. At which point I had to ask my sober buddy if that shit really happened. The expression on his face alone told me he was dead serious when he said, yah dude that Junkie just got fucking lit up! It was a real weird night the rest of the night.
    Last edited by maniac1886; 12-29-2016, 10:27 AM.
    My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
    2007 GSXR 750

Comment

Originally posted by maniac1886 View Post
      But yeah, lots of crazy stories coming out of the streets of flint. Not many of em are good. Lol

Where did you go to school?
      Indeed. I was born and raised in San Diego, CA and left for Flint to go to Kettering. I did Mechanical Engineering there and now I work in aerospace back in san diego.

Everyone asks why the hell I left SD for Flint - well the school was great and has a unique program, and I wanted a change of scenery. Didn't appreciate how nice SoCal is til I saw Flint and Detroit, which is where my fiancee went to school. When I was at school, lived in a house on Chevrolet Ave and every Thanksgiving you would have to plan for all the houses to get hit, cuz they know everyone's gone. So you take all the valuables out, etc. Our Detroit apartment building had cars broken into every few weeks; one of our roommates had their catalytic converter stolen twice. Had another friend get pistol whipped and robbed at the convenience store across the street from the campus center.

Definitely gives you some perspective. I was there for 5 years and glad I was. Also glad I didn't get robbed/shot.
      I really miss Hong Da. And Hoffman's Deli.
      Last edited by Heeltoeclutch; 12-28-2016, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Haha that's cool. Flint is definitely an interesting place. I update my last post with a little story from my younger, more wild days. Lol
        My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
        2007 GSXR 750

Comment

Originally posted by maniac1886 View Post
          Haha that's cool. Flint is definitely an interesting place. I update my last post with a little story from my younger, more wild days. Lol
          Lol man. That sounds like good old Flint. Never saw any shootings but definitely heard them.

On orientation the first day of school, the police chief came and talked to us.

"Don't go between (this street) and (this street) because we won't come if you call, it's too dangerous for us. Go to (this street), then call us."

Also told us to disregard red lights in certain parts of the city. This was 2009 right at the recession - things weren't good :P

Comment

Working...
          X