X

Pre kat midrange issue

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre kat midrange issue

So I had my carbs cleaned and she idles and runs great everywhere but between 6000 - 8000 it spits and shutters. I have changed exhaust I put a 4-1 header and a d&d midline and slipon on it I guess what I need to know is will a jet kit fix this just asking before I buy one

Don't they recommend a jet kit with a full exhaust? Why do you think they do that? I recommend a Factory Pro stage 1 jet kit using the stock air box and filter. Use the 115 main jets.

Comment

What ^^^^^ he said.
      "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
      spammer police
      USAF veteran
      If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Thank yeah I know they recommend it I just wanted to ask on here if that what would cause the issue

Comment

Jetkit is definately needed.

#4 brass washers can be purchased at a local hardware (lowes) store for a temp quick fix to reduce the sputtering. You basically need to raise the needles a bit to see an improvement.

Don't use that to bypass fixing it right with a jetkit, you still won't have the right main jets for example.

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

So I'm tearing into the carbs and my main jets are 120 Lol and I had the plugs out and they were quite black could I just be really rich

Not sure how to post a picture on here but the jets I just pulled out are significantly bigger hole then the ones in the kit
            Last edited by bushido8420; 06-28-2016, 08:52 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Yeah, that seems excessively large if they are minuki jets. Black plugs = rich.
              1998 Katana 750
              1992 Katana 1100
              2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Yeah put the kit in and it has never run this good and the midrange issue is gone thanks again

Comment

Comment

Working...
                  X