X

Question concerning cables/hoses

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question concerning cables/hoses

Hi all. New to the site and looking for some insight on some parts for my 99 gsx600f. First off, i cannot locate a choke cable online. The only ones available seem to be for every year except 1999. Is there a reason for this, or is it called something different? Is a cable for a gsxr600 interchangeable?

On another note I also need to track down a new vac hose for my carbs. I noticed an online vendor had a hose that was shaped to fit easily from carbs > petcock. However, it seemed to be a little expensive. So my question is, can i just cut a length of similar size hose and throw it in, or is it better it be one shaped to fit? Also, i will be away from my bike for a few days so i cant get the measurements for the hose size. Can someone possibly enlighten me on what the inside diameter of the hose is?

The cable is the same 98-02. If a ~$25 hose seems expensive, sell your motorcycle now, this is obviously not for you.

Comment

Cable & Hoses

Hi Jimmy.

I recently had to replace my choke cable as well. Got it off eBay with the left handle switch attached for like $35 and it was well worth it. Make sure to lube the cable (couple methods for that .... gravity feed and you can google plans on how to do online ---- OR ---- using a cable lube tool you can get for around $10-$15 online you can pressure lube which is what I did and it works nicely).

Second, you can order vac line online at places like amazon and ebay. Got mine on Amazon and it was 6' for $12. Pretty cheap and was the right stuff. The vac line from the fuel tank is different and has a formed bened in it so that one you might try Partzilla.

Hope that helps some.

Comment

Working...
      X