X

steering is very off

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• steering is very off

just got an 06 katana 750. it rides and runs well but the steering is jacked up. in order to drive straight i have to have the handlebars roughly 15 degrees to the right and it makes steering and leaning rough. i checked the forks for bends and they are straight. can anyone guide me to get my handlebars in line with the tire?

Loosen the triples and straighten the forks. I would also look at the frame for any signs of damage.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
      Loosen the triples and straighten the forks. I would also look at the frame for any signs of damage.
      I'm in agreement. If the steering is that off, something is bent. You can't adjust the steering that much. Or you're missing a front wheel spacer, your rim is bent, or your tires are utter shit. It could be any one of those.

Comment

to loosen the triple tree do you mean the metal clamps around the forks halfway down or the big 1 inch hex heads on top of the handlebars

Comment

The clamps around the actual tubes.
          "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
          spammer police
          USAF veteran
          If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

bad steering head bearing caused my pulling. replaced with tapered bearings and issue was gone.
            never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Originally posted by rickie_h_95_600 View Post
              can anyone guide me to get my handlebars in line with the tire?
              How-To' Re-align motorcycle forks the easy way

Comment

Working...
              X