Petcock Rebuild kit: KL 18-2767

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Petcock Rebuild kit: KL 18-2767

2002 GSX750F

Received the rebuild kit from eBay. A friend of mine who just rebuilt his Petcock valve and has a 98 GSX750F said its not the right kit. His was different according to him. I could tell it was different just by looking at the petcock to tank seal that came in the kit. It wasn't oval shaped. Just a large o-ring type seal.
    Has anyone had a problem with this kit and their post 98 750 Kat's petcock valve?
    I contacted the company and asked them directly if this was the correct kit for my bike and he says its listed for it to fit. He also said that the lrg o-ring , even though its not shaped in a oval shape is indeed to seal the valve against the tank. So the first thing I did was take it out of the package and test fit it on the valve. Its really tight and always pops out of place when holding it on to the valve. I don't trust it and wont be using it.

Got this message back from the sales guy at KL:

Dear Michael,

18-2767

We have been selling this kit for many years. We sell around 500 kits a year since 1994.

KIT FITS:GSX60F KATANA 88-06 AND GSX750F KATANA 89-06.

FITS SUZUKI PETCOCKS:44300-19C00,44300-20C00 AND 44300-08F00

I have included a pic for your reference.

We also sell a complete replacement petcock for your bike it is our part#18-4151

Comment

Originally posted by MotorBikeMike View Post
      2002 GSX750F

Received the rebuild kit from eBay. A friend of mine who just rebuilt his Petcock valve and has a 98 GSX750F said its not the right kit. His was different according to him. I could tell it was different just by looking at the petcock to tank seal that came in the kit. It wasn't oval shaped. Just a large o-ring type seal.
      Has anyone had a problem with this kit and their post 98 750 Kat's petcock valve?
      I contacted the company and asked them directly if this was the correct kit for my bike and he says its listed for it to fit. He also said that the lrg o-ring , even though its not shaped in a oval shape is indeed to seal the valve against the tank. So the first thing I did was take it out of the package and test fit it on the valve. Its really tight and always pops out of place when holding it on to the valve. I don't trust it and wont be using it.
      sometimes you can stretch an oring that is just a little too small to get it to work.
      never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Every petcock to tank seal in every K&L kit I've ever seen has just been a round o-ring. It fits, but it's not oval until you install it. If you want the o-ring to be oval from the start, buy the OEM seal from BikeBandit or any other OEM parts retailer. I'm fairly confident I've seen more K&L petcock rebuild kits then your friend. I could be wrong, but it's doubtful.

Comment

Wasn't about to take a chance of a possible fuel leak over top of a hot engine...lol

Saw the same kit on eBay and guy was advertising it as a 89-97. Seeing that ad, and my friend, who just rebuilt his valve last season, saying its the wrong kit....I sent it back to the vendor.

Comment

Working...
          X