X

dumped the tank out overnight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dumped the tank out overnight

So woke up this morning and my garage floor is soaked with gas my entire tank must have spilt overnight what the he'll could cause this I think I left it on prime but I'm not sure

Well if it was left on prime that would be the first thing, but it would also indicate that your float needle/needles where not functioning properly to stop fuel flow when the bowls where full, may be time for a carb cleaning.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Ok I have a good friend that has a shop I've been debating on having him just completely rebuild my carbs and then not have to worry about them for awhile it really scared me this morning when I tried to start it she didn't want to turn over

Comment

If it's over $500, just buy a set from arsenic (member here).
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran
        If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Honestly that's the worst part I bought these carbs off eBay for $200 last year because the ones that came on the bike the guy that owned it had use silicone sealant on the float bowls haha I have almost 2500 into a 96 Kat I'm so irritated lol I'm ready to just say screw it and take on the payments of a brand new bike so I don't have to worry about stupid carp like this haha

Comment

Won't turn over,hydrolocked(gas in cylinders).Check you're oil make sure no gas in the crankcase.
            Bikes:89 1100f 88 1100f 82 goldwing aspencade 82 goldwing naked

Comment

Haha that would be upsetting just changed the oil for the season like a week ago o well what's another $80 should I do my filter too

Comment

+1 Pull the plugs and turn it over also. You bought a 20year old bike, high cost is expected to get it back to proper operating order. I have over twice that in my bike but, everything has been gone through. Plus mods and upgrades.
                "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                spammer police
                USAF veteran
                If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

I just bought an 02 750 and with all repairs and paint, I'm in at around $4200 including the cost of the bike ($2200). $800 was just for the full paint job. To be expected with older bikes. But once its done, its done and you get to enjoy it hopefully problem free for awhile

Comment

Hopefully hahaha yeah I'm thinking I'm just going to take it today and have it gone thru it just sucks I rode it all last year get it out of storage and all this shit

Comment

I'd guess that the air box is full of fuel too, might have to go for a new air filter as well.

$80 for an oil change? Do it yourself for the cost of a filter and a five qt. jug of oil. $25-30 maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by bushido8420 View Post
                        it just sucks I rode it all last year get it out of storage and all this shit
                        Next year, don't store it with the carbs full of fuel. Or you'll be doing the exact same thing next season.

Comment

Working...
                        X