X

hard starting

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hard starting

92 Kat 600 I had a he'll of a time staring her for two days and then checked on here and figured I'd check the air fuel screws and the where out 3.5 turns lol turned them back to 2 turns out and she starts and runs good but still have a flat spot I guess between 6000 and 8000 it only happens when I'm putting and try to go from 6000 once it's past 8000 tho hold the f on haha but any input would be greatly appreciated

I've personally said 2.5 turns out at least 1000 times.

Comment

Well the original problem was fouling my plugs out and flooding out super quick it runs much better than it did last year but the flat spot is still there maybe just the jets are bad or just clogged slightly I'm just kinda fishing for ideas before I take it to a professional

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
      I've personally said 2.5 turns out at least 1000 times.
      Well I know stock is 1.5 so wanted a baseline and have just kinda been lazy about taking it apart yet again
      Last edited by bushido8420; 03-13-2016, 07:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Professional??? You mean someone that will take your money and do very little for it?
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran
        If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

So I had it running like I said but new question can hard starting be caused by the carbs being out of synch it just seems to be flooding it out today not sure what's up I checked all obvious things like spark great on all four plugs but it just won't start

Comment

Lack of fuel would, low coil input voltage would. I guess if the carbs were WAY out of sync, it could.
            "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
            spammer police
            USAF veteran

Comment

I don't think it would be anything to do with the coils because I bought new ones last year but maybe I will have to check them tomorrow or how easy is it for me to of fouled out my new plugs already after only a couple of days

Comment

It's not a coil issue but, a voltage issue to them.
                spammer police
                USAF veteran

Comment

What should it be at

Comment

11v minimum
                    spammer police
                    USAF veteran

Comment

When the starter is turning over
                      1998 Katana 750
                      1992 Katana 1100
                      2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

So both of my coils are reading 3-4 volts not really sure what could cause that

That's when it's turning over am I going to have to trace the wires back and find a short or something

So the power wire shows 11 when I ground to the frame going to assume scrappy ground connection somewhere
                        Last edited by bushido8420; 03-16-2016, 11:21 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Well I hard wired a ground up and now I have zero spark from the plugs

Comment

So everyone done helping me hahah

Comment

Do the coils get power on both of the wire last that plug into them

Comment

Working...
                              X