X

Carb slide springs?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carb slide springs?

So when I got my bike, it had pods - so after reviewing on this forum, I ditched those and got an airbox. Ever since I've had an issue with a bog around 7-8k rpm range. I dropped the clips on the needle to lean that area out which worked a bit but was still there. So recently I found a thread about cutting the slide springs for an Ivan's jet kit, with the notches I have on the needle, I don't think that's what I have - but I cut them from 4.5 inches to 3.75, then finally 3.5 and it worked. No bog in that area. I was interested if anyone knew what is the length of the stock slide springs for the 89 600.

What jets were in it? Usually they up the jets for PODs. Cutting the diaphragm springs is the wrong way of repairing that problem.
    Last edited by 92xjunker; 03-12-2016, 09:00 PM.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

That's what I thought it was too, but it has the same specs as listed on this page for the mains: http://katriders.com/wiki/index.php?...Specifications

It seems like the only thing was different was the jet needle, pods, and Vance and Hines 4in1. But the bike was made in 11/88(11/1988) so could it have the 88 carbs (weren't they adjustable for the needles?) I have them adjusted to the very top right now because the bog was originally at 4-8 rpm range. I figured that the springs were either too long or stiff for the slides to go up when air came in. If the springs were aftermarket for the pods then for whatever reason, cutting them did make the problem clear up, literally night and day difference.

Also the mains are clean (with gauge wire)

Comment

We'd need a pic to see if you have 88 carbs, they are oddball carbs, parts are getting hard to find. Who knows what other people have done to them. Pin holes in the diaphragm would also cause that. 90-97 are way better carbs.
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
          90-97 are way better carbs.
          He's not lying.

Comment

^^^^^^He sells remanufactured carbs that look and run like new^^^^^^^
            spammer police
            USAF veteran

Comment

Guy, I'm not trying to sell him anything. I appreciate your help, trust me I do, but I kinda feel like a slimy used car salesman.

Comment

Working...
              X