X

1992 GSX600F Fuel System Diagram

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1992 GSX600F Fuel System Diagram

Hey guys. Just bought a '92 Katana 600 off some young kid. He had detached all the hoses and I need to know the order they go back on. Fuel lines, vacuum hoses, et . Everything to do with the fuel system.

When starting it cranks and backfires but won't start up on its own. After a couple squirts of starter fluid in the carb she fired up for a few seconds so I know it fires. Doesn't seem to respond to the throttle or choke. Thanks in advance. Carb has a slow drip after trying to start.
    '92 GSX600F Bobber
    sigpic

Vac- side of carb 4 to back of petcock. Fuel-two ports between carbs 1/2&3/4 toward the seat. All others are vent or drain lines and should be routed to the ground. Clean the carbs, after fire is a lean condition.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Not gonna lie. Pretty new to these. There's a pet cock on the bottom of the tank. Only one hose can come off it. That goes down to a fuel filter then a splitter. One hose to 1&2 then the other to 3&4. There's a metal can with three hoses on one side, only one of the other. No clue what this is, or what it hooks to.
      '92 GSX600F Bobber
      sigpic

Comment

It's most likely the smog system, everybody just takes that off. There should be NO fuel filter. Prior to 98, they weren't installed. If there is a fan on the left side of the fairing, down by the shifter, unplug that. If operable, can kill your battery.
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran

Comment

I'll try to get some pictures on here tomorrow so you can see what mean.
          '92 GSX600F Bobber
          sigpic

Comment

KatRiders.com conversations about Suzuki Katanas
            and the days spent riding them. Includes Vintage Kats, Street Fighters, 1100 Kats Only, and Long Term Projects.
            spammer police
            USAF veteran

Comment

That's it. I'll have to cap off wherever those went to. There's some other loose hoses. I'll take photos and post, that way you can see for yourself what's wrong/right. I'm a car guy so some of this terminology is different. Thanks for the info. And thank you for your service.
              '92 GSX600F Bobber
              sigpic

Comment

Ok so here's a good picture of the fuel lines to carb. I know the center hose beside it hooks to the breather.

Not sure about this one. The previous owner stuck a bolt in it. The other end attaches to the opposite end of the carb and split to one in the middle. Idk if it attaches to this side, but it looks too short to hook anywhere,ay be the reason he plugged it.

Bottom of the tank.

I'm no expert on bikes, but something tells me this isn't the original petcock.
                Last edited by Yoyosten; 11-16-2015, 02:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                '92 GSX600F Bobber
                sigpic

Comment

No, that is not the correct petcock. http://m.ebay.com/itm/Suzuki-Katana-...890?nav=SEARCH That is what should be there.
                  spammer police
                  USAF veteran

Comment

-Steve

sigpic
                    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

So the hoses aren't supposed to split like that?
                      Last edited by Yoyosten; 11-16-2015, 03:07 PM.
                      '92 GSX600F Bobber
                      sigpic

Comment

Fuel hose, no. Front hose on the petcock goes to carbs 3/4, rear 1/2. No filter
                        spammer police
                        USAF veteran

Comment

Looks like someone welded(?!) a manual petcock on the tank.
                          -Steve

sigpic
                          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                          Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Couldn't tell if it is welded or just rusty sealant....
                            spammer police
                            USAF veteran

Comment

Looks like a rubber gasket, and superglue??

I ordered the right petcock. Now I'm hoping all I need is to get some new hoses and hook them up correctly. I'm starting to thing this kids dad bought him this bike for them both to work on and his dad had no clue what he was doing. Thinking the stock front wheel might me shot. It looks like he stripped a rotor bolt and tried grinding it off. The rotor is slightly bent by a bolt hole. I think I can hammer it flush again. Luckily it came with two aftermarket chrome wheels.

Does anyone know the correct hose specs? I need to know what type of hose and what lengths for each piece. It would sure save me some guess work.
                              Last edited by Yoyosten; 11-16-2015, 04:46 PM.
                              '92 GSX600F Bobber
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X