Fork Problem (2005 Katana 600)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fork Problem (2005 Katana 600)

Hey guys,

I recently purchased a 2005 Katana 600, but it had some pretty rusted forks from being stored outside. One of the forks was also leaking already. I took it apart yesterday, and was hoping to be able to clean it up and replace the seals since the lower part of the inner tube looked fine. Upon closer inspection, I discovered that one of the tubes had some pitting in the lower portion.
    I heard that the 2003-2006 Katanas have different fork assemblies, and I haven't been able to locate any of those. Are there any other fork assemblies or inner fork tubes that I could easily substitute?

I would appreciate any knowledge or suggestions on this, thanks!

what I do is look up a part on partszilla than copy the part # than google it and it can take you back to partszilla, and what other bikes ues the same part.
    1990 katana 1100

Comment

That's perfect! I was getting confused because supposedly the wheel and tire changed in 2003, so the actual forks from other years were slightly different and couldn't be swapped over by just directly bolting in. The inner fork tubes are the same 1998-2006, which makes finding those way easier now. Thanks a ton!

Comment

Working...
      X