X

Hey guys i need help

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey guys i need help

I have a 2001 katana 600 I replaced the head gasket because it had pistons froze up put it all back together like the repair manual said too but I cant get it to start it turns over and over wont start it shoot out a flame and that's bout it so can someone help plz...

Explain the after fire. Any puffing from the carbs. Is it a random after fire while attempting to start? Or long turn over then an after fire?
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

I used starting fluid it cranked over a lil bit then shoot out the flame you can hear it wanting to start but it don't

Comment

Plug wires in the correct spots? Left 1&4 right 2&3. If yes it's probably time to clean the carbs.
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran

Comment

that's what I was think but wouldn't it start if I'm shooting starting fluid in the carbs

Comment

Not if the coil voltage is low. Min 11v
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Depends. Either the cams are out of time, the carbs are dirty or the plug wires are on the wrong plug. That is assuming the head gasket it sealing. And that ^^^
              spammer police
              USAF veteran

Comment

how do you know that. and the cams are timed I checked that over and over

Comment

Not saying they aren't, just one probable cause. Shoot for coil voltage and a carb cleaning. How did the engine get seized?
                  spammer police
                  USAF veteran

Comment

guy I got it form took out all the plugs and it had no gas cap on the old tank

Comment

Massive rust in the cylinders?
                      spammer police
                      USAF veteran

Comment

how do I check the coils

it hasn't the bad the come undone use just filled it up pb blaster and they come out
                        Last edited by Jase Henry GSX600F; 10-30-2015, 02:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

You're checking the voltage on the powe side so, you're testing the small wires to the coil while you crank the engine over. How's the battery, Kats like a good strong battery.
                          spammer police
                          USAF veteran

Comment

Originally posted by Jase Henry GSX600F View Post
                            how do I check the coils

it hasn't the bad the come undone use just filled it up pb blaster and they come out
                            HUH??
                            1989 GSXF 750 Katana.
                            V&H supersport exhaust, ported head, GSXR cams
                            Michelin PR2's, RT fork springs and R6 shock

Comment

It wasn't that bad, they came undone, just filled it up with PB Blaster.....I think, I bet the walls are pitted.
                              spammer police
                              USAF veteran

Comment

Working...
                              X