New exhaust/ knocking noise 06 750

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New exhaust/ knocking noise 06 750

2006 750:

Removed stock exhaust and successfully installed two bros m-2 VALE carbon fiber slip-on. Sounds great, looks even better. Checked close- no leaks at the stock header or the s-bend/ muffler connection.

Ever since the install: idle speed dropped from 1250 to about 1000rpm and during long periods of idling (red lights in construction zones, lines of traffic, etc) a knocking sound can be heard from directly underneath the tank.

I upped the idle speed from 1250rpm to 1400rpm and the sound stopped, but persists during warm-up period, and anytime idle speed falls below ~1250rpm.

Is this knocking noise a major cause for concern? Are the Pistons going to run dry, explode and cost me thousands? Can I just ride with an idle speed of 1400rpm and forget about it? Was just installing this slip-on myself a bad idea?

These are the questions that plague me when I should be sleeping. Please respond.

much respect, much love,
    AllBlack2Bros

When was the last time the valve clearances were adjusted? It's likely valve train noise.

Comment

Damn couldn't say but I'll bring that up on our next trip to the shop. Thanks!

Comment

If you want it done properly at a fraction of the price, you'll do it yourself.

Comment

Working...
        X