X

I have a problem...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a problem...

So... since installing the RaceTech kit, I have been pushing ol' betty a little harder as her stability and handling are soooo much better. But I have found, I have a problem. So, when first noticed it, was the night of the maywether v pacquiao I was leaving my buddies getting on the eway with a passenger along one of those big sweeping curves that are marked 35 mph and I got real low, not like dangerously low, but that night was the closest i've had it to the ground. While down there, the bike seemed to wobble a little bit. it was weird. so fast forward to 3 months later, I am consistently keeping the chiken strips under 1/2 in. the damn bike wobbles.. it seems like all the time. If i get into some bumps it wobbles even more, sometimes to the point where i pucker up a bit n gotta get out of the throttle. So... Im going to the dragon the last week of august and as its 600 miles away (we're trailering but still) I dont want anything to worry about.

for those of you who dont know / dont remember

1.0 kg Racetech springs
    Cartidge emulators
    Front lowered 3/4 in
    Busa shock with 2-2.5 in lift
    Reinforced chain adjustment plates

I just changed front wheel bearings, neck/stem bearings, rear wheel bearings with all balls replacements, moved my bike from .75 lowered to .65 inch in the front, (microcmeters... dont like fractions) and increased the preload adjustment on the shock, both axles are cleaned/freshly lightly greased, and torqued to spec, and tires are at recommended PSI . I hit eway and at 110/120 on the clock, in expressway curves, it still kinda wobbles, granted wayyyy less but is there something im missing? Could it be a bent rim? Wouldnt a bent rim make for an air leak? Could the swingarm be flexing? Am I riding wrong? I've had this bike for like 4.5 years now, we are quite familiar, and I've never felt it wobble in the curves like it does now.
    Last edited by maniac1886; 07-26-2015, 03:37 PM.
    My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
    2007 GSXR 750

I think your raised rear/lowered front are too extreme.

Reset the front to normal height, and test again.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

+1. Roughly 3" difference from stock front to back and the rear probably over-dampened ... you've really screwed the geometry / balance of the bike so that would be a good place to start.

Comment

I was afraid that was going to be the problem.. Ill jack it back up and see how it goes.
        My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
        2007 GSXR 750

Comment

You never saw this problem prior to the suspensions mods? I'm wondering if there is an issue with the unsprung weight, or possibly fork flex? Have you considered a fork brace?
          '92 GSX1100F Red/Maroon

Comment

Working...
          X