Carb help lean mix

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you done a sync on the carbs?

Comment

I was told the carbs were synced. With how smooth it was running patterns is running now I would assume that they were and he did his job. After taking it to work today I will make a another assessment as let you know

Comment

First day back on the road. Starts up just fine. Runs smooth. The air fuel screws are all the way tight, floats set to 13 ish mm, I was using a ruler.
        She seems to be running rich still and wants to Rev when it gets warm.

Comment

Originally posted by ike0909 View Post
          First day back on the road. Starts up just fine. Runs smooth. The air fuel screws are all the way tight, floats set to 13 ish mm, I was using a ruler.
          She seems to be running rich still and wants to Rev when it gets warm.
          What we have here is known as a clusterfuck.

Comment

Originally posted by ike0909 View Post
            The idle knob barely opens the butterflies when it's fully extended.
            Something is jacked there.....
            "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
            spammer police
            USAF veteran
            If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Actually... I don't think it's that bad now. I set the floats to 13 mm, used a gauge, all within a fingernail width from 13. I set the fuel mix screws to 1.5 turns. New spark plugs. Valve cover gasket and spark plug gaskets are on the way.
              Cold start this morning at 60 degrees with no prblems. Idled it at just above 1 for about 3 minutes and then cranked up. I'm still getting popping and cracking backfire but now it's at around 5 rpm instead of 3. Drove to work today and when I got off the highway, it maintained it's idle just above 1 rpm without wanting to Rev up. The idle screws still seems to be fairly extended but I can still adjust it enough to maintain a good idle at hot or cold. Throttle is pretty responsive.

I am thinking I'll drop the floats another millimeter and tune the fuel mix screws when the gaskets come in. . . . Thanks for everyone's helps.

Comment

Anytime the carbs are removed and replaced they need to be sync'ed.

Comment

So let's say they were synced. Then I adjusted the floats. Do they need synced again?
                  Syncing sets butterflies and needle height, yes?

Comment

Yes, ANY TIME YOU REMOVE THE CARB SET, they need to be synced
                    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                    spammer police
                    USAF veteran

Comment

Syncing has 0 to do with any needles.

Comment

Oops,
                        spammer police
                        USAF veteran

Comment

But it still has to be done anytime the carbs are removed

Comment

Originally posted by 41 Redhawk View Post
                            But it still has to be done anytime the carbs are removed
                            Otherwise, you end up with a 3 page thread asking for carb help.

Comment

Ha ha ha.
                              Alright. I'll admit I can be a little subborn. It's my first time dealing with carbs and I want to understand things. I will have the carbs synced again.

Comment

This is why we tell people that you NEED TO BUY A SYNC TOOL. It isn't just a one time use tool.when you have problems, and you will, it's nice not to have someone else do it or set up your hillbilly rig to do it.
                                spammer police
                                USAF veteran

Comment

Working...
                                X