X

Wheel Bearing Removal Tool?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel Bearing Removal Tool?

Thought I had one in my toolbox, but apparently not. Anyone have any suggestions on which one to buy?

Throwing on a new rear brake rotor, pads, and both sprockets, figured I might as well throw in some new bearings while everything's apart.

A long 3/8" ratchet extension work well.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

+1
      Or ive used a piece of rebar. For wheel/steering stem bearings I wouldn't bother with a bearing puller
      1998 Katana 750
      1992 Katana 1100
      2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

If you're talking about the "special" tool, a blind hole bearing puller, I have one. I use a socket extension 99% of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
          If you're talking about the "special" tool, a blind hole bearing puller, I have one. I use a socket extension 99% of the time.
          Yeah, usually I subscribe to the "right tool, right job" school of thought, but if a 3/8 extension works well for so many then to hell with the tool... I have a couple dozen extensions haha

Comment

Well, if you want to get technical, a blind hole bearing puller isn't the right tool for wheel bearings. That's a through hole. Therefore, a straight piece of steel is the right tool. A socket extension is, in fact, a straight piece of steel.

Comment

I just used a strait slot screwdriver and a hammer.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Working...
              X