X

Having issues again.....!!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having issues again.....!!!!

So my bike was working great then all of a sudden it went to crap. I now try to start it and it will crank but then slowly dies like the battery is dead but the lights are still on. It did this the other day and i let it sit for 15 mins and went back out and it started right up. What the heck is going on with this thing?
    Last edited by Mohawk918; 05-20-2015, 09:14 AM.
    2002 GSX600F

Is it starting and dieing? Or is the starter bogging down?
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

It doesn't start. It sounds like it trying to start then slowly dwindles down to nothing.

just had a buddy tell me he thinks its a low charged battery?
      Last edited by Mohawk918; 05-20-2015, 09:32 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
      2002 GSX600F

Comment

Well, you have to go through the trouble shooter's list in the service manual.
        Go through and check off all the basic stuff, gas supply, electrical system.
        To me it sounds like a gas line blockage someplace.

Comment

Well I jumped it and it seems to be fine now... Hmmm
          2002 GSX600F

Comment

Could be. What does your tank look like inside? If there is any rust or sediment in the tank, you may have clogged pilot jets. Drain the carb bowls into a container see what comes out. Drain some fuel from the tank into a glass jar let it sit and see if you have water or crap in the fuel.

Bad battery....
            Last edited by 92xjunker; 05-20-2015, 05:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
            "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
            spammer police
            USAF veteran
            If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Sometimes a new battery fixes a lot of issues../

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
                Could be. What does your tank look like inside? If there is any rust or sediment in the tank, you may have clogged pilot jets. Drain the carb bowls into a container see what comes out. Drain some fuel from the tank into a glass jar let it sit and see if you have water or crap in the fuel.

Bad battery....
                Inside the tank looks great. I think it might need a new battery.

Cause it runs fine now. I jumped it and it seems to be fine now. I'll take it to the shop and see if it can't hold a charge and maybe replace it.
                Last edited by Mohawk918; 05-20-2015, 05:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                2002 GSX600F

Comment

Working...
                X