X

bike wont idle and carbs are shiny silver

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bike wont idle and carbs are shiny silver

My 2004 Katana 600 wont idle. I can ride it as long as I keep the choke on. With out the choke it dies at every stop or when you slow down to turn. It also bogs around 6,000 rpms. Not much but you can feel the loss of power. I have completely taken it apart the air filter looks clean, fuel filter is clean, the Carbs look like they have just been cleaned (shiny silver), and the throttle also looks fine. Any other ideas on what to check or what could be wrong with it. Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated!!
    Last edited by sweetncrazy; 04-27-2015, 10:11 PM.

Not what you want to read, but no matter how the carbs look it is a very real possibility that they are clogged with a bit of grime/crud/whatever. It doesn't take much.

I'd guess that they were "professionally" cleaned not that long ago...

Comment

The carb it self where it connects to the engine is clean (I've lifted the valve and engaged the throttle while looking back into the engine with a flash light) would it be deeper in the engine than that?

Comment

You can't see all the small circuits in the carbs, certainly not by just peeking down the throat.

http://katriders.com/wiki/images/8/8f/Carbs102a.pdf

Comment

Working...
        X