X

throttle cable installation

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• throttle cable installation

I've been searching youtube for the last 45 mins trying to find something to show me what I'm doing wrong currently. I feel like its something really small I'm missing. I may not be wording the problem right. although, theres 2 cables for my throttle, one for when I give it gas, and one to pull it back to position I believe. I have the 1 set to give it gas tightend and set fine. although withe the return cable it seems when I put it into the bracket and tighten it that it doesnt work at all, no return whatsoever at that point.

in the picture I took I have each of them in the bracket where they "SHOULD" be. the cable to the right is the return cable, if I didn't know any better Id say I'm missing a spring... but I can't for the life of me figure out why it returns without the return cable connected better than it does with it connected unless I'm doing something idiotic and not noticing. I've been trying to look up a video of people installing throttle return cables in my bike, then widened the search to bandits, than Suzuki, than motorcycle... the things that are showing up aren't what I'm looking for.

Thanks for the help

Im that picture the cable end is not even tightened down...

Comment

at as tight as it can go theres absolutely no pull back on the throttle. thats why its loose atm, I'm not sure wtf i'm doing wrong. Fix my carbs and all ready to put the damn bike together and now im held up by this ridiculous ass throttle cable

Comment

You need to mount the cables, set the tension to allow a little movement at the throttle. The "pull" comes from the throttle spring, transferring move movement to the pull cable by means of the push cable up over the throttle tube. Like a see-saw.
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran
        If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

the throttle cable contributes to this? cuz I have my throttle cable completely loosened at the handlebars, maybe its worth it to check that out. if thats not gonna be it, if I could get stupid person detail that'd be great, cuz i'm feeling like one hell of a moron right now not being able to get this part together. I guess its my first time actually doing this on my own but nevertheless noone likes to ask for help, it takes away from the pride factor
          Last edited by JohnnyPossum; 04-17-2015, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Yes, both cables act as one, like a seesaw, the throttle spring is actually closing the throttle, the pull cable is just some re enforcement.
            "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
            spammer police
            USAF veteran
            If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

I'm an idiot and I don't know what the hell is going on with these cables. so my next idea was to make a video of my issue. anyone that can maybe more or less tell me what to do. the book says set it and tighten/loosen it for so much movement, but if its not coming back theres something wrong... I feel like I have everything connected correctly, like this should be working. I want to set this prior to actually installing the carbs cuz I think it will be easier... although this is the only trouble I've ran into so far....
              Last edited by JohnnyPossum; 04-17-2015, 01:29 PM.

Comment

problem solved. idk what i was doing wrong, but I went out there reloosened and tightened it all and bam. thanks

Comment

Working...
                X