X

Por-15

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Por-15

I am looking to seal my tank and am wondering if anyone has done this before and if they have....

Do I need to put anything in with the rust remover liquid like this http://www.ebay.com/itm/STAINLESS-ST...item4add5e715e to aid in removing the rust?

Get the POR15 motorcycle tank kit, comes with everything you need.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

ya thats what im getting was just wondering if i needed to throw anything else in to be more abrasive

Comment

Nope, it will cover light rust by design, just not large loose stuff.
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran

Comment

picked up the kit today. gonna disassemble the tank tomorrow and begin the process

Comment

spammer police
            USAF veteran

Comment

before I started opening up the tank Iddecided to shine a flashlight inside through the fill hole to see the state of the tank and i was pleasantly surprised i thought there would be more rust but it doesnt look like there's anything therethat ccould clog the carbs. should i even bother with the por-15

Comment

Remove the fuel sender and look at the top of the tank. I had major rust there. If all is ok, white vinegar will remove the surface rust, no need for POR15.
                spammer police
                USAF veteran

Comment

here are some pics

Comment

You're good to go, no por15 needed.
                    spammer police
                    USAF veteran

Comment

the only rust is just that little bit at the top on the seam. in the 2 pics i just added. vinegar wash ia good enough then?

Comment

Yip...
                        spammer police
                        USAF veteran

Comment

hopefully I can return the por-15.

Comment

If not sell it here. I know many need it..
                            spammer police
                            USAF veteran

Comment

Allen's cleaning vinegar worked very nicely. but holy shit does it ever rust fast afterwards in some spots.

I had to quickly rewash with vinegar then rinse out with baking soda and water then gasoline.

Tank is spotless now. how much should i tighten that fuel level sender if feels pretty tight but the bolts could go tighter i dont wanna overtighten tho

Comment

Working...
                              X