X

Best swingarm for 05 katana 750

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best swingarm for 05 katana 750

I am building a my 05 katana 750 into a naked bike, and i want to have a wider tire on it and i am wondering what is the easiest swingarm conversion out there

i heard the bandit 600 swing arm fits good, so pleasse help me out

How wide are you going. Either way you'll have some modding to do. You can have yours modified to fit a wide tire. Try the search there are threads on the subject. http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=104600
    Last edited by 92xjunker; 04-06-2015, 10:30 PM.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

The best swingarm for an 05 Katana 750 is the swingarm from a 2005 Katana 750. Every swingarm 98-06, both 600 and 750 are the same. Pick one of them.

Comment

I want to fit a wider tire, basically like a 190 tire? is it the best to just modified this one to fit a wider tire?

Comment

Huge tire on a gutless bike......ok. Yes, mod yours. There is a thread on doing it.
          "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
          spammer police
          USAF veteran

Comment

You know what guys, it's his bike. He can do whatever the hell he wants to it. He came here hoping to get advice from some of the veterans here and instead gets smart ass responses. I remember when this forum was full of cool helpful people. They'd even offer to help you if you lived close by.

There are plenty of folks who have swapped swingarms or modded theirs. OP search the forums and I'm sure you'll find the info you need.

Comment

Damn Your dense, there is NO DIRECT SWAPABLE SWING ARM. It is best to mod the one he has, period. Kreylyn mods them for that reason!!!! Any other swing arm will need to be changed anyway. Better?!!!
              My opinion is moot here.
              Last edited by 92xjunker; 04-10-2015, 08:04 PM.
              spammer police
              USAF veteran

Comment

Originally posted by katana bob View Post
                You know what guys, it's his bike. He can do whatever the hell he wants to it. He came here hoping to get advice from some of the veterans.
                Hey McLovin', he asked a question, we answered his question with the best option he has. If the two of you want to fiddle fuck around with some random swingarm that doesn't fit so he can cram a giant tire on his tuna, knock yourselves out. Better yet, make a video and post it on YouTube, I'd watch.

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
                  Damn Your dense, there is NO DIRECT SWAPABLE SWING ARM. It is best to mod the one he has, period. Kreylyn mods them for that reason!!!! Any other swing arm will need to be changed anyway. Better?!!!
                  My opinion is moot here.
                  Where did I say there was a direct swap? I said it had been done. There was a guy here who swapped an R1 swingarm into his bike. You say I'm dense yet you completely missed the point of my post.

Comment

The guy that put the R1 swingarm on his Kat was Waltari on the his Frakenkat project. Waltari wasn't just your run of the mill kat modder. Do I think anyone is capable of what Waltari did? I know I'm not.

Comment

All I got was you rambling about how we didn't help him. We did. We gave him obviously what you didn't want to here. Hell, if he wanted to he could put a Harley swing arm and wheel, he can do anything he wishes but, I'll bet he wants a direct fit wider swing arm, they don't exist, the easiest way is to mod the one he has. If he searches he'll find a gixxer swing arm mod thread, still takes some doing to get it right. If he either mods his swing arm or has it done, his swing arm would bolt righ back on.
                      spammer police
                      USAF veteran

Comment

Comment

Working...
                        X