Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

help with 94 Suzuki Katana clutch issue!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with 94 Suzuki Katana clutch issue!!

My name is Antwain Brown I'm 27, I haven't been riding for too long so please bare with me. My issues is I recently dropped my bike due to not properly putting down the kickstand all the way as a result the bike tipped over and broke the clutch lever in to. the only part of the lever still attached was the part u actually bolt to the bike upon picking it back up I realized that with the clutch lever completely broken the bike would still allow me to go into every gear! I'm not sure but i thought thats was only possible if i pulled in the lever. However it wouldn't not crank. granted I've had hard time cranking it b4, i would have to pull the lever allllllll the way in then crank not sure as to why though. So i ordered a new one; got on youtube and google and learned how to replace the lever but even after i replaced it it still won't crank and the bike is still letting me jump into every gear without touching the lever.

Help me please; I told me Girlfriend I couldn't live without her (Suzki)
    any insight on this issue would b greatly appreciated

Here's some advice. If you want help, don't post the same thing 3 different times in 3 different sub forums. Also, don't post your question in a sub forum of a motorcycle you don't have. Good luck.

Comment

ha, didn't find that helpful in the slightest.
      heres even better advice, life to short to take time out to b!tch at me bout posting the same thing more than once. You had nothing better to do with your time? Besides doing so clearly says one of two things either the problem or issue is urgent or I'm not familiar with the way this site operates. I didn't know till after I had already posted them besides when i filled out the membership thing today I didn't see anything about not posting the same thing more than once. My apologies I missed that memo. But in the future try accessing the entire situation b4 being more of an a$$ than helpful next time sir thank you so much and have a blessed one

Comment

And so, you met Arsenic, he is correct as blunt as it was stated, correct. It's like a little kid asking mom to buy candy
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran
        If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Now that the pleasantries are out of the way, explain what you mean by it will let you go in every gear. Since you state it won't crank, I assume you mean shifting the trans with the bike off. You don't need the clutch for that and it is normal. You can even shift while riding without the clutch but I wouldn't recommend it. Now to the second question. When you say it won't crank do you mean won't turn over with the starter? If so you probably broke the clutch switch when you broke the lever. The clutch has to be pulled in even in neutral to start it. When you pull the clutch in it clses a switch that let's the starter engage.

Comment

sir Bob,

yea i meant with the bike being off or on i can shifts thru 1,n,2,3,4,5,6...
            By not starting yes sir I meant it won't turn over or say anything at all.. but I really preciate your insight ill troubleshoot everything and check that switch u mentioned and get back to you. Thanks

Comment

Like Bob stated, there is a safety switch mounted to the clutch lever housing to prevent accidentally starting it while in gear and the clutch lever not pulled in. If you don't pull the clutch lever back, the motor will not turn over. This switch cuts the power to the starter motor. Since you broke your clutch lever off, you can't pull it back; therefore, the safety switch is doing its job in preventing the starter motor from turning with the clutch engaged. You need to install another clutch lever.
              2005 Harley Davidson Softtail Deuce
              2003 Kawasaki ZRX1200R
              1995 Kawasaki GPz1100
              1988 Suzuki GSX1100 Katana
              1983 Suzuki GS1100E

Comment

Working...
              X