X

Unloaded miss

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unloaded miss

I searched but didn't find anything like my issue. My bike (98 750) has an unloaded miss. Meaning at a constant cruising speed or holding the throttle at a constant in neutral she has a miss. Load the engine or rev it and the miss goes away. It also goes away if I close the enrichment circuit some. I assume it's carb related but I just had the valves adjusted and the carbs synched.

What rpm is it most noticeable? Sounds like a restricted pilot circuit or float level off somewhere. ??? Check the coil voltage. Weak spark would do the same thing.
    Last edited by 92xjunker; 03-28-2015, 11:22 PM.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Pulled her out of the garage today to put some sea foam in the tank and ride her to see if it might clean the carbs. She tried to start the first time and then went totally dead. I ended up having to remove the fairings and found a laundry list of things the pos mechanic messed up,

1. crankcase vent hose left off
      2. plug covers out of place wires twisted.
      3, Battery relay connector not completely seated (why it was dead)
      4, cracked fairing from overtightened bolt.
      5, fuse block laying loose in battery compartment.

Needless to say the service manager at Sloans Cycle is going to get an earful from me tomorrow.

I went ahead and changed the plugs and put everything right and she runs much better but the miss is still there. while stopped in neutral if I rev her to 3k or so and hold she sputters and pops. If the seafoam doesn't work I'd guess I'm in for a carb cleaning.

Oh and I shot the header with a heat gun and all cylinders were about the same 550 degrees or so so it's not isolated to 1 cylinder.
      Last edited by katana bob; 03-30-2015, 08:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Never fails what op's do to there bikes.....
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
          Never fails what op's do to there bikes.....
          What do you mean by your comment? The shop is the one who did all the things I listed I had to correct them.
          Last edited by katana bob; 04-02-2015, 06:32 PM.

Comment

Really! well, that's not to surprising really. It's hard to find a good bike tech. I think they know what they are doing, they just rather not do it on a katana
            spammer police
            USAF veteran

Comment

Working...
            X