X

So bought gears for my gsx600f...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So bought gears for my gsx600f...

I tore my bike apart and found 3-4 gear teeth missing and 5th gear a tooth was missing so instead of buying brand new I went to eBay and found a set of gears but they were from a 93 gsxr600 so I thought they were practically the same but today I got them and tried fitting them but the outer bearing on counter shaft was too big and I noticed a couple of the gears are skinnier and couple of the gears are bigger in diameter. So am I wrong thinking gsxr600 are different sizes or did the guy send me wrong set?

Helpful to know what bike/year you have
    1998 Katana 750
    1992 Katana 1100
    2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Originally posted by tundra2000 View Post
      ... I thought they were practically the same...
      Never assume. Use bikebandit.com, look up your exact bike and year, and go from there.
      You can always relist the gears.
      http://www.7thgeardesigns.com
      http://www.lunchtimecigar.com
      '90 Suzuki 750 Kat

"Shut up and drink your gin" - Fagin (Oliver Twist)
      "But, as is the usual scenario with a Harley it was off-line when it crashed," Schwantz added dryly.
      "You didn't hear what I meant to say" - my Son

Comment

I got a 1993 katana 600, bought what I thought was gears for 1993 gsxr600

Comment

I'm biting my tounge here so the gsxf and the gsxr are about as different as they come. Do your homework before you buy things. It'll save you time AND money.
          My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
          http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
          2007 GSXR 750

Comment

Originally posted by maniac1886 View Post
            I'm biting my tounge here so the gsxf and the gsxr are about as different as they come. Do your homework before you buy things. It'll save you time AND money.
            Actually, the gears from an oil cooled GSXR 750 are pretty close to the same as a GSXF. However, a GSXR 600 has never been oil cooled. Water cooled engines and oil cooled engine are different in every aspect I can think of. Basically, the GSXF was outdated technology in 1993.
            Last edited by arsenic; 03-13-2015, 09:37 PM.

Comment

Ah... Guess it only cost me $30 ��

Thanks for the help, I searched a bit and did see that the gsx750 Would work but I guess I missed the whole air cooled vs water cooled differences
              Last edited by tundra2000; 03-13-2015, 09:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by tundra2000 View Post
                Ah... Guess it only cost me $30 ��

Thanks for the help, I searched a bit and did see that the gsx750 Would work but I guess I missed the whole air cooled vs water cooled differences
                Yeah, that's a big difference there.

Comment

Working...
                X