X

01 katana 600 dynojet jet kit

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 01 katana 600 dynojet jet kit

So I got this bike and I got this kit before I seen the recommendations on ivans kit. So I figured I'll give this one a shot. But I need some recommendations on what size jets to use on a pretty much stock motor with no slip on. (Didn't have a pipe when I bought it and I don't mind the sound really) also I read that the jet sizes are different? I think stock is somewhere around 112 and 115? But the kit recommends a 110 for a completely stock bike?

The kit says to use DJ110 main jets, but you're asking what main jets to use? Really? Let me try to shed some light on the situation here. The stock jetting, with the OEM needles is 115 out 112.5 in. However, those are Mikuni main jets, and Mikuni needles. You are using Dynojet main jets, with Dynojet needles. Mikuni and Dynojet use a different numbering system for their main jets. I don't remember off hand which way it goes, but one uses the number as a hole diameter. Meaning a DJ110 has a 1.1mm hole. I'm pretty sure Mikuni are how much liquid passes through in a minute. In other words, a 112.5 main jet passes 112.5 mL per minute. Don't quote me on the spefics, but it is something like that, for sure. So, a DJ110 and a Mikuni 110 main jet aren't the same.
    Last edited by arsenic; 03-12-2015, 05:08 PM.

Comment

IMAO, Send that back, get the Ivan's or factory pro. Much better mixture throughout the rpm range.
      "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
      spammer police
      USAF veteran
      If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

I understand that they aren't the same. I'm more referring to the instructions it says like you stated 110 for completely stock or 114 for aftermarket exhaust or slip on with high flowing baffle. My question is do you think with the pipe removed I would go with 114? I got the bike without a pipe so it dumps out just behind the foot pegs but it does look as tho there is some sort of mesh or baffle inside the stock pipe?

I want to get an ivans but I don't get an answer or a call back. there's one on ebay but it's in the UK I'm trying to get it sooner than that will take.
        Last edited by Schuldt07; 03-12-2015, 06:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Oh, I see what you mean. When you said it didn't have a pipe, I thought you meant it didn't have an after market slip-on. You meant it didn't have a pipe period. In that case, buy a fucking slip-on, you don't want to be "THAT" guy. The guy with the motorcycle with no pipe. If you want a bike that obnoxious, sell your Katana and buy a Harley. In my opinion, fuck an Ivan's kit. Factory Pro is the way to go. Just to add, if you do get an Ivan's jet kit, you'll need to get a pipe also. This carburetor jetting game doesn't involve jury rigging shit together. Unless you have a DJ kit, then it's acceptable.
          Last edited by arsenic; 03-12-2015, 06:26 PM.

Comment

Hehe..
            "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
            spammer police
            USAF veteran

Comment

That's kind of where I'm at the last guy kind of did a half ass jet kit or idk what the heck he did honestly. I know he said he jetted it and it has a 120 and 117.5 jets in the mains. The others are a bit mauled up like they were removed I think the smaller one not sure what it's called looks like a 50?. I know it's stock needle and parts. I'm looking at exchanging this for a factory pro kit then. Also and recommendations on a slip on that won't break the bank? Still fairly new to everything. The funny story is where the previous owner put the pipe. Long story short is they had a junky thrown together drift truck with no bed that needed a muffler you can imagine the rest....

Comment

Factory pro stage 1 jet kit. EBay the can, you could find one fairly cheap. Like this http://m.ebay.com/itm/271777998924?nav=SEARCH
                Last edited by 92xjunker; 03-12-2015, 07:06 PM.
                spammer police
                USAF veteran

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
                  Factory pro stage 1 jet kit. EBay the can, you could find one fairly cheap.
                  Done and ordered thank you guys for the help!

Comment

Factory pro all the way withmy countless hrs trying to tune with a dj kit. The dj sucks major balls.

Comment

i did the ivans kit, poor mans ignition mod, and a danmoto gp exhaust all at once, VERY happy with the results

Comment

Haven't heard anything unsatisfactory about Ivan's, just that factory pro is easier.

Good luck with install/tuning, should be a blast to ride after.
                        1998 Katana 750
                        1992 Katana 1100
                        2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Working...
                        X