X

no start need help

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no start need help

solenoid was clicking so I ordered a new one put it on still no luck...now the button doesn't even turn the bike over also have no power going to ignition fuse in the fuse block either....can arc the solenoid and it turn over and even fire and run.....but now theres nothing at all any help would be appreciated its a 99 600 katana

New battery. The relay clicking means it's working.

Comment

same symptoms as mine knackered bushes in starter motor second hand starter motor hey presto

Comment

Originally posted by ginger ninja1 View Post
        same symptoms as mine knackered bushes in starter motor second hand starter motor hey presto
        That's a possibility also. I guess what I'm getting at is that it's not the solenoid.

Comment

started with batteryinstalled new one, still didnt start like it was supposed to which led me to starter solenoid... its been rigged chasing wires finally got everythng back to coming on with the switch theres still no power to the ignition button though... even with battery on charge it still doent even remotely try to start.... starter works like i said if you arc solenoid will start, or atleast turn over

Comment

Clutch safety switch or side stand safety switch, betting on the clutch safety though.
            "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
            spammer police
            USAF veteran
            If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Google wiring diagram follow components related to yellow with green wire. Do process of elimination that will take you to faulty component.

Comment

so i got it running yesterday after charging battery and another solenoid, rode it around the shop at low rpms everythng was great got on the road to come home with it and about a mile up the road it decided to die... then i had to push this heavy b back to the shop.... is it a possibilty the coils are over heating after a riding at more than just an idle/ low rpms? going to go back today and see if it starts back after cooling down over night if it does then my next step will probably be replacing the coil packs

Comment

It is possible, or low fuel supply, smell the oil, flooding will do the same thing once warmed up.
                  "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                  spammer police
                  USAF veteran

Comment

thanks...going to go try again and see really missing my 91 these days

Comment

My coils crapped out when i got my bike. They would overheat after about 10 minutes. If it sat for 15, it would fire right up for another 10 minutes.
                      My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
                      http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
                      2007 GSXR 750

Comment

so yesterday i had a pinched fuel line....but today once it got hot cut off again fuels fine...guess im going to order coils and at least eliminate that problem and then go from there its a 99 with 29k should go ahead and replace kick stand and clutch switch as well just as preventitive maintence...wanting this thing to be dependable but wondering if i should just cut all losses and try and find another one.......when it runs it runs really good

Comment

Nah, stick with it. Think of it as learning your bike. The more you learn the easier the problem solving will be. I'm going threw the same process with my truck.
                          spammer police
                          USAF veteran

Comment

Or do a bit of reading on the history on here along with a few basic tests and KNOW what is wrong with it. Then you only have to replace the part that is wrong, not shotgun parts at it till it's right.

Comment

Well it's either a fuel or ignition problem. Coils can be a pain to test if it doesn't fail close to home but, if you can get it to fail check your spark. None or orange would be a problem. Second have you tried to run it on prime. If it keeps running, your petcock would be the issue.
                              spammer police
                              USAF veteran

Comment

Working...
                              X