X

idle won't adjust come runs at 5000 when fully open

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• idle won't adjust come runs at 5000 when fully open

Im a mechanic for cars trucks anything with s motor but I hate carbs I just bought a 2003 ,600 and I can't get the idle to adjust I cleaned the carbs idle is ask the way up but it won't idle over 1000 and it is idling very rough I need help!!!!

What? You're not making any sense..
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
      What? You're not making any sense..
      +1, words mean things

Comment

The IDLE does not ADJUST I can turn it all the way up or down still idles at 900 full choke idles at 5000 carbs are clean and no bottom end bogs till 3000 when throttling

Comment

First, sorry but the pilot circuit in your carbs isn't clean. Second sync them when you're done. Mixture screws should be set to 2.5 turns out. And check your float heights
          "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
          spammer police
          USAF veteran

Comment

So both screws what should my float be set at......

Sorry should be set at 2.5
            Last edited by corona2003; 02-22-2015, 11:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

There is 1mixture screw per carb, found on the bottom front of the carb. May still have a cap over them. Be real careful removing them if they are still in place. Download carbs 102 from the wiki above. There is also a video available.
              Last edited by 92xjunker; 02-22-2015, 11:51 PM.
              spammer police
              USAF veteran

Comment

Working...
              X