X

motor swap

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• motor swap

How much work would be to stuff a FI motor in a 99 kat 600 frame.... 02 gsxr 600 or 750
    "Oh I will tag you back !!"

A hole lotta work. Nothing will line up. At some point I'm going to try it, just need the major funds to do it right.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
      A hole lotta work. Nothing will line up. At some point I'm going to try it, just need the major funds to do it right.
      I'm considering it as a possibility at some point, but then I think it'd mostly just be a whole new bike with the original steering stem?
      First motorcycle - new project
      1992 Suzuki GSX600F Katana

Comment

Hmmm, yip, I can see that's about what it would be..
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran

Comment

I'm not seeing the advantage here. You want to put a modern, FI engine in a heavy as hell steel frame that was outdated in 1993? You can polish a turd, but it's still a turd.

Comment

Just for the challenge of it . I was just going to do it with a bare frame first, then sell it here.
            spammer police
            USAF veteran

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
              Just for the challenge of it . I was just going to do it with a bare frame first, then sell it here.
              I understand wanting to do it for the challenge. However, I kind of doubt that the OP's motivation.

Comment

I agree, if I were going to do it, it would go into a project like yours. Other wise it just wouldn't be worth the hassle.
                spammer police
                USAF veteran

Comment

The only acceptable reason to do something like this requires a response to the effect of "Because I can". If you can't, well, don't.

Comment

If you don't try, how do you know you can't? If I went by your theory I wouldn't even try half the things i did to my bike..... Ok..... KR specific, I see your point.....
                    spammer police
                    USAF veteran

Comment

There's a simple way to tell if you can. Does a Lego set confuse you? If so, you can't.

Comment

. Not only that, I know most people don't have the tools to fab the frame to fit. Like a welder, metal chop saw, table to make a jig for the frame......
                        Last edited by 92xjunker; 01-21-2015, 02:47 AM.
                        spammer police
                        USAF veteran

Comment

True, however, if you did have that stuff, they won't be asking how hard it is to do on Katriders.com. There are a few reason why. 1) If they had the tools to do it, they'd have it done. 2) No one that has tools and the ability to do that kind of thing is dicking around with a Katana. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it. I don't have those tools, but I know people who do. I also have the ability to do that kind of thing. Do you ever see me asking any of you dumbfucks how to do this shit?

Comment

Agreed...
                            spammer police
                            USAF veteran

Comment

I may be trying this soon...
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X