X

Throttle cable..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Throttle cable..

Ok so I had to take the carbs out..I cleaned it.The thing is I cant remember how to fit the cable back.

I have a 1988 kat 600.If you guys could upload some pictures as in the manual I cant see a thing in black and white it would be kind.

The cable seems to go trough a U shaped bracket on the air fliter side.The thig is the cable bolt doesnt fit.Its a bit too tight..

The bracket I am speaking of is a double U shaped one..golden colored.

Can you be more specific? routing help, connection help? to the bars? to the carbs?

It sounds like you're not sure how it connects back up to the carbs, but I'm not certain.
    1998 Katana 750
    1992 Katana 1100
    2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

to the carbs exactly..How and where do I pass it.

I know it goes beetween the 4 carbs in the middle its connected to a ring but cant seem to find the way it connects and trough what I must pass the cable and screw the small bolt attached to it.
      Last edited by war113; 11-15-2014, 04:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

One more question....I have a 1996 carb..In pretty good shape.The part where it goes into the engine the rubber boots arent fitting.If I take those from the 1996 bike then switch em is it possible to use a 1996 carb on the 1988 kat 600?

Comment

you can see my 198 carb and my 1996 carb there...the donor bike with one wheel.missing and the 1988 project im working on.I am actually merging the 1996 with the dead engine onto the 1988 frame.
          Attached Files

Comment

Are you sure you have a 1988? Did you mean 1998? Neither of the two sets of carbs you have pictured are 1988. The is one 90-97 and one 98-06. Okay, in that last picture, that is defiantly an 88 front rim. I'd conclude what you have is a clusterfuck of different stuff cobbled together.

Comment

Hahahahah really.? dang..I mean..

On the papers its written 1988...But the PO might have switched things.The front rim you see is from the 1988 (4rth picture).I switched the front fork to have the adjustable suspension (the fourth picture front fork is 1996.).

So you think I should use which carb?...

The carb on the bottom (1rst picture) is the one that came with the 1988 bike.(the 4rth picture).Thats the bike I plan on putting back together.SO..I just need to know how to rout the damn throttle cable trough the U shaped golden thing.The cable bolt doesnt fit except if I pry the U a little.I dont think you should have to pry it.
              Last edited by war113; 11-15-2014, 06:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

These are my bikes..

1981 kz1000
                1994 Kat 600 (finished)
                1996 kat 600 (used to put on my 1988)
                1988 kat 600 (seems it has a 1998 carb..)
                Attached Files

Comment

I would use the 90-97 carbs, the set on top of the first picture. If you're talking about the bracket on the 1998 set (bottom, 1st pic), two cables go there. The throttle cable and the return cable. One in the front, on in the back. I can't explain how to bolt them on, it's like the simplest thing ever.

In that photo, the cable in front goes on the other side of the choke lever & carburetor brackets though.

Comment

ok thanks..!I dont think my bike had a return cable tho.Well..it goes from where to where?

Comment

The throttle at the handle bar to the carbs. No, the 88-97 only have one throttle cable. The 98-06 have a throttle and a return.

Comment

is it possible to not have the return cable.As my 1988 doesnt have one..

If not with the 98 and up carb..can I just change the rubber boots and use the other carb that doesnt need a return cable
                        Last edited by war113; 11-15-2014, 11:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Yeah it's totally ok to just run the one cable. You can change the boots, that's fine.

Comment

Thanks a lot..you are a savior.Hahah ..Do you think this is a 1988 engine?
                            Attached Files

Comment

there is absolutely no way I (or anyone) can tell from those pictures. From just that, I can tell you it's 88-97. The way those sync nipples are on the rubber intake boots, it's either 88 or 89. I mean the intake boots are, but whether or not the engine is 88-89 I have no clue.
                              Last edited by arsenic; 11-16-2014, 01:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X