Leak from choke plunger.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leak from choke plunger.

On my nook so no search.
    Saturday I was warming up my bike. It took longer than usual to get ready so left it with choke on running while on the side stand. After a few minutes I noticed liquid near the side stand about 3" in size. The left choke plunger was wet and fuel was running down the clutch cable and then onto the ground. It stopped after I closed the choke. I have not tried to replicate it yet. Any thoughts?

Need a new seal.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

98+ kats, like the one in the OP's avatar, don't have a choke plunger deal like the pre 98 kats do. It's just a plastic fitting with an o-ring on it. Much easier IMO.

Comment

Then an o-ring? AKA seal......lol
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
          Then an o-ring? AKA seal......lol
          I'm not arguing with your diagnosis, I'm just saying changing an o-ring is a lot easier than that pre 98 choke plunger seal. That's not that hard either, but it requires common sense. That makes it exponentially more difficult then an o-ring.
          Last edited by arsenic; 11-11-2014, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Slow today,
            spammer police
            USAF veteran

Comment

Time to get out my manual out. I would think this should be pretty simple. Of course that is when things go bad. Is there any thing to be extra careful with when removing the choke parts to get to the o ring?

Comment

Working...
              X