X

gauges/speedo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gauges/speedo

So, I'd really like to switch out my instrument cluster. I'd like the new one to still give me an idea of how much fuel I've got at least awarning light. The stock sensor still seems to be pretty close, though. Has anyone replaced the cluster if so what recommendations to you have? For all in one gauges and for fuel sensor. Should i consider replacing the fuel sensor as well?

Replace as in swap to a new OEM, or something aftermarket?
    For aftermarket, go check out the street fighters sub forum, a fair amount of the guys posting there have modded their gauges. Some cut up the originals and remount them, some use new ones altogether, some go digital. For digital, I've heard several people using something called trail tech vapor and liking it. 0 personal experience with it though. If you have a pre, the digital is a bit harder as the speedo reads off the front wheel. Pretty sure you can change that to a post set up, there should be a write up or two on it.
    1998 Katana 750
    1992 Katana 1100
    2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Originally posted by shpielers View Post
      ...If you have a pre, the digital is a bit harder as the speedo reads off the front wheel. Pretty sure you can change that to a post set up, there should be a write up or two on it.

The post setup on a pre engine requires the hardened main output shaft to be drilled and tapped to install the part the electronic sensor reads. It can be done... but you need to make sure you have the right tools or a machinist take care of that. A standard hand drill and Lowes drill bits are not going to make that a job you wanna tackle. Alternatively there are analog to digital output converters that would allow for a person to use an electronic guage and the Pre Kat analog wheel sensor output.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
      X