X

Cyl 1-3 lean, 4 rich.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cyl 1-3 lean, 4 rich.

Ok long story short I just got done with just about every maintenance task from 0-12k miles on my 03 600, carbs were initially cleaned via carbs 102 and bench/vacuum synched but they've been on and off the bike a couple of times in the process of replacing and fixing other parts.

Now I have new fuel lines, filter, emgo air filter, vacuum lines, carb boots, and plugs. Along with a rebuilt petcock and carbs. Took it for a test ride down the street and I have 1 cylinder running rich while the rest are lean. This was reflected in both plug condition and header temps. I'm under the assumption that it just wants another vacuum synch, but I figured I'd check in and make sure I'm on the right track.

You can't diagnose a problem until you finish the job. If you haven't synced the carbs with a manometer, you haven't finished the job.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
      You can't diagnose a problem until you finish the job. If you haven't synced the carbs with a manometer, you haven't finished the job.
      Kind of the point I was getting at, though they were synched with a carbtune previously I know I'll need to do it again. Just curious if there's anything I may have overlooked that could cause this condition (aside from or in addition to a proper vacuum synch) so I can check that out prior to synching again.

but hey if it comes down to it I'll synch, check, troubleshoot, re-synch, and run through that whole loop. Just leaving room for those who may know more than I to weigh in while I'm stuck at work therefore unable to wrench on it immediately.
      Last edited by Phantom552; 10-24-2014, 02:26 PM.

Comment

There's a million things you could have overlooked, but until you sync them, I have no idea what those things are.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
          There's a million things you could have overlooked, but until you sync them, I have no idea what those things are.
          Fair enough

Comment

Working...
          X