X

How to replace the CCT

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to replace the CCT

I recently bought the APE manual chain tensioner for the 06 750 Kat. Is it just as simple as removing the two bolts on the old tensioner and replacing it with the new manual tensioner? Does anyone have pics of this process?

I bought it for the same reason, as my mechanic told me it needed replaced and recommended the manual chain tensioner. I got the tensioner for $49.00 and free shipping from Cycles R Us on Ebay. I have not removed the new fairings yet to discover the location or process of installing the new tensioner. Any help is always appreciated =)
    2006 Suzuki GSXF-750 Katana

"If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything"

I believe the fairings/tank and carbs need to be pulled to get to it, so it's kind of a B to get to, but replacement is easy enough. It's located under the boots going from the head to the carbs. Unbolt old, bolt in new, and follow instructions to adjust tension. The new one SHOULD have instructions for that. The manual has instructions for the OEM one, I'm guessing it'll be a similar process.
    1998 Katana 750
    1992 Katana 1100
    2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Originally posted by shpielers View Post
      I believe the fairings/tank and carbs need to be pulled to get to it, so it's kind of a B to get to, but replacement is easy enough. It's located under the boots going from the head to the carbs. Unbolt old, bolt in new, and follow instructions to adjust tension. The new one SHOULD have instructions for that. The manual has instructions for the OEM one, I'm guessing it'll be a similar process.
      I'll take a look. Appreciate the information. The new one does come with instructions, but it is also used in about 20 other motorcycles and I am sure they are all seated differently. I will pull the fairings and take a look. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by shpielers View Post
        Spot on, about an hour to get it installed and running. Can not begin to even mention the improvement this makes. I can't hear the sewing machine noises anymore, even after the valve job and oil change. You literally hear nothing but the purr of that Two Brothers exhaust now.

Comment

I'm replacing the spring on my stock one next time I do a valve adjustment. It's got 50k miles on it. I'd rather spend $15 on a new one than have it fail and grenade the motor.
          1998 Katana 750
          1992 Katana 1100
          2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Working...
          X