X

95 600 stalls under load

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 95 600 stalls under load

Couldn't find a thread on this so if there is one point me to it please. Had carb issues. After getting beat up by members (I Was stubborn.) I soaked the carbs. Bench synced. Checked for vac leaks. Fresh oil. Idles great. Revs fine at a stand still. Put it in gear and try to accelerate and it bogs and dies. I do hear what sounds like lifter rap. When I rev up I see black smoke. I can see its running rich. A/for screws 1.75 out. Any ideas or re soak carb. I'll be checking floats tonight.

With the A/F screws at 1.75 turns out, there is no way in hell it's rich. They should be at 2.5 turns out.

Comment

The smoke could be from improper float settings though right? And could that be the culprit of the stalling. I'll adjust the screws when I pull the carbs.

Comment

Yeah, float heights need to be set correctly. Check that and report back. Have you synced the carbs yet upon reinstall?
        Last edited by arsenic; 10-21-2014, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Same problem. Idles and revs fine . Try to ride it bogs and stall then is difficult to keep running. Thinking of parting out

Comment

It's just running rich, don't give up hope. Something isn't sealing properly. Sounds like you checked float height again, did you replace the orings on them when you cleaned/rebuilt? Did you make sure where the float needle seats is super clean?

Black smoke = gas
            Blue smoke = oil
            White = water.

Ergo black = running rich.
            1998 Katana 750
            1992 Katana 1100
            2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Originally posted by shpielers View Post
              It's just running rich, don't give up hope. Something isn't sealing properly. Sounds like you checked float height again, did you replace the orings on them when you cleaned/rebuilt? Did you make sure where the float needle seats is super clean?

Black smoke = gas
              Blue smoke = oil
              White = water.

Ergo black = running rich.
              It's not rich because of the A/F screws, I can guarantee that.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                It's not rich because of the A/F screws, I can guarantee that.
                Lol yep! Specifically mentioned sealing there for a reason
                1998 Katana 750
                1992 Katana 1100
                2006 Ninja 250

Comment

I'd suggest a weak spark/arcing issue.

Almost every time I've had a bike idle/rev fine, but it's weak going up the hill of a drive way I have, it's been related to a arc from one or more plugs to the engine.

Krey
                  93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

With Krey on this one. Expereinced a same loss of power under load due to coil and plug related issues. That being said run through the carbs for sure and insure everything is top-notch.
                    - Purplehaze
                    All-Black 1993 Suzuki Katana 600 (Click for pictorial fun!)

Comment

update...compression bad in cylinder 2

Odd thing was it would build.build.build. then nothing . Nothing. Then build again..valve issue? Would bad shims cause it?

Comment

No, pull the tank start the bike in the dark and check for plug wire arcing. Also check your power to the coils, should be 11v minimum
                        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                        spammer police
                        USAF veteran
                        If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

I will check the coils no problem. Cylinder 2 has 110 psi compression. 1-165...3-175....4-170...28 psi allowed for difference. 114psi minimum to run...I already checked for arcing btw

Comment

I'd recommend doing a leak down test to see what the issue on #2 is. Dunno if it's related at all, but it will be an issue.
                            1998 Katana 750
                            1992 Katana 1100
                            2006 Ninja 250

Comment

The valve cover is off and I can hear it hissing from cylinder 2 every time it comes around. Was hoping for easy fix as I got laid off and it is looking like I may have to sell it. Big difference between running and drivable
                              Last edited by allofus007; 10-24-2014, 04:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X