X

Another take on my carbs.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another take on my carbs.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

I made a detailed video on my problems.

1. Gas leak
    2. Air/ fuel screw
    3. how to adjust floats
    4. anything else i can be doing wrong? Tell me please!

Dude, 15+ minutes? I don't have time for that.

Comment

Have any carbs for him? Sure would cure all his problems.
      Last edited by 92xjunker; 10-19-2014, 09:15 PM.
      "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
      spammer police
      USAF veteran
      If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

A/F screws: yes, all the way in until they're snug (snug, not tightened down super hard) then back the screw out.

Leak: did you replace the orings on the floats? As far as setting height,
        This video supplements the the instructions called "setting the fuel levels" which can be found at xj4ever.com. It shows some of the details needed to set t...

It's close enough it should give you an idea what you should be doing.
        1998 Katana 750
        1992 Katana 1100
        2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Originally posted by shpielers View Post
          A/F screws: yes, all the way in until they're snug (snug, not tightened down super hard) then back the screw out.

This video supplements the the instructions called "setting the fuel levels" which can be found at xj4ever.com. It shows some of the details needed to set t...

Thank You I appreciate the help

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
          Dude, 15+ minutes? I don't have time for that.
          what a shame, i gave you a shout out brother

Originally posted by shpielers View Post

also the o-rings are the small rubber circles on the orange things?
          Last edited by BrandonF93; 10-19-2014, 09:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
            Have any carbs for him? Sure would cure all him problems.
            I usually do, and right now is no different.

Comment

I usually do, and right now is no different.
              So you do not have any carbs?

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonF93 View Post
                So you do not have any carbs?
                How did you form that conclusion? Let me be clear, yes, I have a set of carburetors. I usually do, I have a set right now.

Comment

How did you form that conclusion? Let me be clear, yes, I have a set of carburetors. I usually do, I have a set right now.
                  how much would you sell them for?

Comment

$395, I haven't ordered new parts for the set yet. They aren't done, but I have them. I can have them done in a week give or take if you want them and pay for them.
                    Last edited by arsenic; 10-19-2014, 09:47 PM.

Comment

$395, I haven't ordered new parts for the set yet. They aren't done, but I have them. I can have them done in a week give or take if you want them and pay for them.
                      I bet that your new set of carbs would totally work and get my bike to run but I cant afford that. Sorry. How much would you charge for repairs?

Comment

$175 labor + $15 for shop supplies + return shipping + parts = about $300 give or take. You don't have to apologize to me.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonF93 View Post
                          Thank You I appreciate the help

what a shame, i gave you a shout out brother

also the o-rings are the small rubber circles on the orange things?
                          Yes that's the orings. They probably need replacing. Common fuel leak causes are those orings being torn/wearing out, float heights set too high, or debris interfering with the floats sealing properly.

2 ways to narrow down what the issue causing your leak is

1) hook up aux fuel source and let it sit for a while, see where fuel is leaking from. If it's out the overflow hoses, it's float related. If it's coming out from somewhere else, that's where it's leaking.

2) blow test. Hook up aux fuel source, fill the float bowls with fuel, remove fuel source, clean hose, and blow on it. Can you pass air or hear bubbling? Floats are the issue.

Those are both assuming you've rebuilt the carbs all the way and they're on your table and not on the bike.
                          1998 Katana 750
                          1992 Katana 1100
                          2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Working...
                          X