X

95 750 kat has power won't start

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 95 750 kat has power won't start

95 750 kat has power but won't start. Neutral light is not on but in neutral. Headlight taillights work as well as horn. It is in fact in neutral. Go to fire her and nothing doesn't even try to start. Not sure what the issue is. I have tried with kickstand up and kickstand down. Nothing checked all fuses etc. Im at a loss of what to do now.
    Last edited by TheCheetorProject; 10-08-2014, 11:02 AM.
    J'ai Aime, J'ai Souffert, Maintenant, Je Hais...

which is translated from french 2 english reads:

I have loved. I have suffered. Right now, I hate.

Voltage at the battery? Breaker tripped? All fuses good?
    1990 GSX1100F- abandoned in 2005, rescued by me in 2011, I'm gonna ride it if it's the last thing I do.

1981 GS750EX- Father in law gave to me, full resto in progress with late model suspension.

1979 GS850G Free shafty

1978 GS550E- The wife bought it for me for father's day (So she could learn to ride on it too)

1977 RM80- My son's resto.... he's 3...

2012 Qigo quad- pink Camo for my little princess.

Comment

Ill double check all of that now.

Comment

Make sure you have at least 11.8V at the battery I think, it doesn't have enough power to fire the coils efficiently lower than that.

Also, have you tried to bridge the solenoid terminals? May just be a faulty switch.
        1990 GSX1100F- abandoned in 2005, rescued by me in 2011, I'm gonna ride it if it's the last thing I do.

1981 GS750EX- Father in law gave to me, full resto in progress with late model suspension.

1979 GS850G Free shafty

1978 GS550E- The wife bought it for me for father's day (So she could learn to ride on it too)

Comment

Was chatting with a fellow member on fb and we believe the battery may be shot :'(

Comment

I don't understand why so many people don't buy a battery before they even have the tags on the bike?

Every time I have purchased a new to me bike, the battery is replaced before I even put gas in it for the first time. I never trust what a PO says about a battery unless there are no other visible bikes around and they have a receipt dated the same day. I guess it could just be me being a pessimist, but a new battery is cheaper than burned up electricals in the long run.

1979 GS850G Free shafty

Comment

Battery, plugs, oil change, and a thorough once over before it goes anywhere for me. I am kinda the go to guy for all my bike ridin buddies and thats what i tell em when they buy a new bike. As for MY bike, well, it was ALOT more than that before I could ride it. But I basically bought it in pieces.
              Last edited by maniac1886; 10-08-2014, 12:14 PM.
              My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
              http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
              2007 GSXR 750

Comment

Ive just started buying the maintenance stuff for it. New plugs oil filter etc etc. Buying battery tomorrow

Comment

Working...
                X