X

Plastics/fairings for a 95 gsx750f?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plastics/fairings for a 95 gsx750f?

I recently got into an accident and severely damaged my right hand cowling fairings beyond repair such as large cracks and Peices missing. Does any one know where to get plastics/fairings for my 1995 gsx750f? I know of a few sites like ebay, bike bandit, and Suzuki parts house but these where not very helpful as either they where on back order or over 400.00 dollars a piece. I have found a couple of other sites such as gdlcycles.com and lafiberglassparts.com also air tech-streamlining.com but these are still between 150 and 200 dollars per piece . Now it's not that I'm complaining for something so hard to find being available for once but if I can get it cheaper please let me know. Btw the lafiberglassparts and air tech-streamlining websites sell the plastics unprimed or painted they have to be sanded and primed and painted so I'm leaning towards gdlcycles if anything. You guys have any experience with these sites?

Anything that isn't ABS plastic, the material that OEM fairings are made, will be crap. Air tech, for example. Waste of money. You're best bet is to purchase a used fairing on eBay. There is a slim to no chance you'll find the same color. Now would be a good time to paint your bike. Replace the damaged parts and then paint the whole bike.
    Last edited by arsenic; 10-06-2014, 02:36 AM.

Comment

+1
      "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
      spammer police
      USAF veteran
      If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

If you have the time, those fairings can be repaired. It's time consuming, but it's not really hard. All you need is a can/bottle of ABS cement from the local hardware store, sandpaper, and lotsa free time. I've fixed a fairing that was broken into 3 pieces and filled in a huge (~4"x1") chunk that was missing. I'm not a pro so no, it's not perfect, but it came out pretty damn well if I do say so myself.
        1998 Katana 750
        1992 Katana 1100
        2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Acetone and Legos (abs pieces) you can make your own, back the holes with screen or foil tape to get the shape back before filling the hole.
          "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
          spammer police
          USAF veteran
          If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Won't the paint of the legos muddy the solution? Not talking about resulting paste color because anyone'd probably paint it anyway. (or are they just colored ABS?)
            - Purplehaze
            All-Black 1993 Suzuki Katana 600 (Click for pictorial fun!)

Comment

Working...
            X