X

Suzuki Katana 750 1994

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzuki Katana 750 1994

Hey every one. I just got me a 94 Kat and the crank case has a Crack in it. When I start it up it spits out a lot of oil and IT gets on everything. I can't ride it because the oil gets on the rear tire too. How would I fix this other than buying a whole new engine? I have no idea what to do please help. Thanks

Post up a pic of the crack. It might be on a piece that's replaceable (such as the oil pan)
    1998 Katana 750
    1992 Katana 1100
    2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

I know I might hear about this one..........

but what about JB WELD

Comment

Originally posted by loneraider View Post

but what about JB WELD
        Just piss on it, you'll get the same result.

Comment

Why not just buy a new crankcase it'll solve all your problems it'll cost less and at the end you can enjoy a nice beer and say you did it right the first time.

Comment

It's a lot, a lot harder to swap a crank case than buy an engine. The crank shaft plan bearings, tearing down the whole engine, re-installing the transmission. I would hate to do that with a 2013 GSXR 1000. Much less a 1994 Katana 750. In the long run, it will be a much better option to find another engine.

Comment

Originally posted by loneraider View Post

but what about JB WELD
              It was my first thought also.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Originally posted by zuma View Post
                It was my first thought also.
                this was mine

Comment

this MIGHT temporarily work. its an alternate epoxy version of jb weld http://www.zorocanada.com/i/G1150642...9wvBoC2wvw_wcB

has 900psi sheer strenght and 500F temp resistance. worked really well where i used it on the bike around the windscreen bracket but there is no oil or high heat there. This is reinforced with stainless steel. give it a try if you want its more of a putty than a liquid easy to work with.

theres some pics below of the product:

....if that doesnt work you can try pissing on it as previously suggested....then source a new engine
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by zlatan; 10-06-2014, 12:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X