Bike wont start

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bike wont start

Hey guys,

I'm new to posting on this site and hope I am even doing it in the right place. I've had a 2005 Katana 750 for a little over a year now and I am totally stuck because all of a sudden it wont start. Its rode perfect the whole time I have had it and I put it away one day, and then two days later I went to ride and it wont start. Its cranking, just wont turn over. I'm not mechanically savvy at all but I replaced the spark plugs, checked the air filter, and nothing. When I try to start it, it smells strong like gas so I don't think that its that. I've also checked all the little things like the kill switch is off, it has gas, battery is charged, and all that stuff. So if anyone has any input as to why it wont start, that would be greatly appreciated, and again im sorry if this was not the right place to post this. Thanks!

Sounds like it is flooding on you. Be sure your choke/en-richer is "ALL the way on"....turn your fuel valve to "OFF" and try starting it again. If it fires or sputters.....give it 10 minutes.....turn your fuel back on.....choke all the way and retry it. And yes...make sure you have a fully charged battery...often this is why they tend to flood, not cranking fast enough and with the CV carbs they will flood everytime. even worse the colder it gets outside, and the longer it sits.

Neutral Safety switch from clutch handle....check all your wiring connections....have you changed your stock clutch and brake levers to aftermarket? if so set them at their farthest point to ensure you activate the switch. (you said it was cranking over so this is probably not your issue.)

Comment

Working...
    X