X

Identify This Part?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Identify This Part?

Hey guys, I'm absolutely baffled as to what this switch is on my bike, it's on my left handlebar and was taped up for the duration I have owned it until I started the tear down. It's some form of switch but what on earth is it's purpose!?
    Attached Files
    Bikes don't leak oil, they mark their territory.
    ~Author Unknown

I bought a Kat the last year they were in production...06?...and on the left handle bar gadgetry there was a yellow button just below the dimmer switch and it was there for the purpose of flashing brights when you are about to pass a car. Hope that helps.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

They also had E flashers then
      "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
      spammer police
      USAF veteran
      If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

That would make sense! Thanks guys!
        ~Author Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by fury8793 View Post
          That would make sense! Thanks guys!

Yes... but that's not what it is.

It's the clutch safety switch.

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Oops, wrong control, +1 agree. If you untape it and the bike won't start. That is it.
            "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
            spammer police
            USAF veteran
            If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Go with what Krey says...he is right.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

I bypassed my clutch switch by installing a fuse in it's place.
                never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

That's the (evil) clutch safety switch, alright. Here's what you do: Next time you've got the tank off the bike, follow the wires from that switch down, to where they connect to the main wiring harness. Unplug the wires, connect the leads from the main harness to each other and fling the wires going to the switch in the nearest trash can.
                  Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                  HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
                    That's the (evil) clutch safety switch, alright. Here's what you do: Next time you've got the tank off the bike, follow the wires from that switch down, to where they connect to the main wiring harness. Unplug the wires, connect the leads from the main harness to each other and fling the wires going to the switch in the nearest trash can.
                    Haha, well that is what I shall do the next time I'm down in the shop! I'm still waiting for my jet kit and starter to come in so I've just been tinkering here and there with things and painting small parts just to give it some more appeal.
                    ~Author Unknown

Comment

Working...
                    X