X

Fuel/Petcock

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel/Petcock

I honestly believe that my petcock is not working.

1. I just removed my carbs and no gas came out.
    2. I turned the petcock to prime and no fuel came out. DOes the fuel only flow when the bike is on or should gas be flowing out?

On prime gas should just flow. It needs vacuum to flow with ON & RES, but prime should just flow.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
      On prime gas should just flow. It needs vacuum to flow with ON & RES, but prime should just flow.
      does this mean i have a bad petcock?

Comment

From your description, I would lean that way.

Comment

From your description, I would lean that way.
          i just took off the petcock. I was wondering if the orange leveler is removable?

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonF93 View Post
            i just took off the petcock. I was wondering if the orange leveler is removable?
            You mean the orange part that goes in the tank, like the fuel screen parts?

Comment

You mean the orange part that goes in the tank, like the fuel screen parts?
              yes the part that goes into the tank

Comment

yeah, it comes off.

Comment

Im quite unclear of what the problem may be? Is there a common part in the petcock that needs to be replaced? Do I have to clean it?

Comment

There are many places that offer K&L petcock rebuild kits. They include the diaphragm, some o-rings and a spring. I'd go that route.

Comment

There are many places that offer K&L petcock rebuild kits. They include the diaphragm, some o-rings and a spring. I'd go that route.
                      Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

spring issue

Comment

+1 spring is most likely the cause of this I rebuilt 2 petcocks last year one had a rusted spring the other the spring was mangled and could not push against the diaphragm

Comment

Originally posted by zlatan View Post
                          +1 spring is most likely the cause of this I rebuilt 2 petcocks last year one had a rusted spring the other the spring was mangled and could not push against the diaphragm
                          when i took it apart there was no spring. Im thinking its stuck or lodged inside of the petcock

Comment

You have to take the knob off the get to the Undo the set screw, and pull the knob, the spring is right there. You can't get to the spring from the back. I watched you're youtube video with no audio so I'm just saying. I don't know if you already knew that.

Comment

Working...
                            X