X

missing a spring for synchronize assembly

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• missing a spring for synchronize assembly

Hi, my first post. Bikes are new to me and I bought a clunker several months ago. My 92 katana 600. The carbs are rebuilt finally and yesterday I was mounting them to a bracket and it seems I'm missing a spring for between carb 2 and 3. My book doesn't show the spring and bike bandit doesn't clearly specify what the springs between 2 and 3 are.

Bts33ss mikuni carbs 2 and 3 picture. I hope drop box is ok

Just wondering how I should proceed. Many thanks.

Welcome to KR!
    Yeah you're going to need that. Surprised bikebandit doesn't have them. They should be the same spring between each carb.
    1998 Katana 750
    1992 Katana 1100
    2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Originally posted by shpielers View Post
      Welcome to KR!
      Yeah you're going to need that. Surprised bikebandit doesn't have them. They should be the same spring between each carb.
      They do, look at the "carburetor fittings" fiche

Comment

That's the spring for the idle, but yea, if they are all the same, then I need#25. 1046853

So carbs 3 and 4 open before carbs 1 and 2, huh? That sounds counter intuitive to what I've learned about syncing. Why the need to compress a spring before the butterfly opens?

Comment

No, they open at the same time, hence the adjustment screws and springs.
          "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
          spammer police
          USAF veteran
          If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Working...
          X