Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

I think it is a clutch problem? Please Help!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think it is a clutch problem? Please Help!

I have a 94 600 Katana and was getting on the freeway and while I was shifting gears the clutch went out and slammed into gear real hard bending the rear tire adjuster plate which pulled slack in the chain and the chain came off. There was enough slack in the chain that I could place it on the back of the rear sprocket and roll my back backwards to reset the chain.
    When I pull the clutch lever in it does not disengage the clutch and when I release the lever the lever springs back into place. I started it in first and forced shifted it to get to where I was going. Stepping on the foot shifter shifts gears up and down, but when going from neutral to first is a huge jerk since I cannot slowly let out the clutch. I tried driving it home and at the first stoplight I got to it jerked so hard it bent the tire adjusting plate the other direction (I had previously turned it around when I readjusted the chain) pulling the chain off again and now chain is stuck between the frame and left foot peg assembly.

Sorry this is so long, but please help. What is wrong, can I fix it myself?
    -John

Sounds like a broken cable and a incorrectly torqued rear wheel.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Thank You very much. I'm glad to hear that.

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
        Sounds like a broken cable and a incorrectly torqued rear wheel.
        +1, I'd start by picking up a new clutch cable, a copy of the service manual (http://katriders.com/wiki/index.php5...Service_Manual), and a good torque wrench assuming you don't have one. Even if you're not generally mechanically inclined, basic tasks like checking bolt torque, tire pressure, etc. are simple, and save many headaches.

I've said it before, trust but verify. Even a tire shop doesn't get it right 100% of the time.

Comment

Working...
        X