X

new to kats need some clutch help

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new to kats need some clutch help

hi guys, i've searched and havent found anything that fits the problem im having. Just picked of a 05 kat 600 with 15k miles. chain and sprockets were pretty rough so i replaced them. now i dont have a clutch. bike was fine before. i followed the directions on the clutch adjustment procedure. any help is appreciated. and i did get the rod back in.

there is a pivot in the front sprocket cover. may need adjusting. also make sure cover bolts are tight.
    never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

cover bolts are tight. the pivot you are talking about is what the clutch cable hooks too? i adjusted that per the sticky and still nothing. i think my idea of "high resistance" could have been too high. Could i have been something from over tighting the clutch asjustment on the cover?

if its in gear the clutch is engaged and the back wheel wont spin, but all the adjustment in the world wont get it operating again either. not new to bikes or turning wrenches
      Last edited by kats10; 07-31-2014, 08:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Can you free turn the wheel? Someone else here had the same issue. Can't remember the results though. Is the clutch pin in place?
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran
        If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

wheel turns freely in neutral only. Clutch pin? the rod that goes from the clutch cover to the motor, it in there exactly the way i took it out

Comment

How did you remove the front sprocket? Did you jamb the wheel with a bar or ? Or did you torque on the trans while in gear?
            "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
            spammer police
            USAF veteran
            If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

rear brake and a 1/2 drive ratchet it prob was in gear now that i think about it but i removed the oil fill cap, can see the clutch moving with the handle

Comment

i figured it out, it was still in gear, grooved the clutch basket, thanks for all the help. clutch issue resolved, awaiting pushrod seal and it will be time to ride!

Comment

Working...
                X