Dyno Jet to rebuild?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dyno Jet to rebuild?

I guess I have a few questions.

So my 96 Katana ran fine until halfway through last summer when it died and wouldn't start again. It sat for the winter and now I'm trying to get her running again. I can get it started on starting fluid but it'll die right after. Local shop said I need a carb rebuild.. which will run me $550...(420 Labor and 130 for the kits which i know i can get cheaper.)

So, does this sound like a carb issue? And if I am going to have it fixed anyway, would a Dyno Jet kit work in place of the rebuild kit to not only get me running again but also give me a little more oomph?

And I guess lastly, the bike only has 7200 miles on it but cosmetically its a bit rough, a tool bag fell in the barn and dented the tank and theres a gouge in the left fairing from someone bumping it in the barn. Think its even worth that much money to fix?

Edit: I realize I would need the kits anyway to get the gaskets, I just thought while they are in there why not.

Any help if appreciated!
    Thanks guys,
    Havoc

Yes, you have dirty carbs. No, dyno junk will not replace a rebuild kit but, can be added while you rebuild the carbs. Factory pro would be a better choice for a jet kit. Dents and fairing repair is mostly time.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

$550 to do a half-ass job on you're carburetors? I do it 10 times better than any "shop" does and you get a new set of carburetors completely rebuilt. For $155 less. In fact, 92xjunker has a set of carbs I built. I charge $395 for a set with stock jetting. Which is all I have right now. If you want a jet kit, just purchase the kit and send it to me. I'll install it in your set free of charge. The 90-97 600 set I have isn't done, otherwise I send you a link. Let me know if you're interested. If you want your bike to run right, I recommend you be interested.

Comment

+1, easy and done.
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran
        If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Working...
        X