X

Handle bars???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handle bars???

Got a issue with bar ends hitting my fairing right where it meets the gas tank. The bars hit on both sides. From what I can tell the bar ends are stock length and there does not seem to be any mods done to the steering. How do I fix this, it's dinging up my paint job I just did

Pics of the front suspension and triples may help diagnose issues.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Just a complete guess dude, but if those are OEM bars, they're bent. Cause they aren't supposed to do that.

Comment

My guess too, unless they were changed, pics please.
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran
        If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

If the steering stops on the lower triple are broken, then that could cause the bars to hit.

Hitting that low (on the plastic, low on the tank) tells me it's probably not that though. That does sound like an aftermarket mount for them. Normally they would be about 2" higher an only able to hit the gas tank.

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

the stock bars have two grooves in them so that the pinch bolt clears the bar itself. This also prevents the bar from sliding out if the pinch bolt itself comes loose. The pinch bolt should need to be removed completely for the bar to slide out, or rotate very much.

Like I said, there are 2 grooves: One groove will set the 'inside' bar ends flush with the clamp. Using the other groove will extend the bars by half an inch or so. I'm not sure that would/should cause clearance issues, but it's something simple to look at.
            -Chris
            **if what I said can be taken two ways, and one of them offends you, I meant it the other way.

Comment

Well I keep trying to post pics but it's not working from my ipad. I won't be home for a few days so when I get back to my laptop I'll post pics. Thanks guys

Comment

Working...
              X