X

Bike won't run '93 750

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bike won't run '93 750

Hey guys, I'll make this post much shorter.

I just cleaned the carbs in my 93 gsx750f following carbs101 and 102 and referring to the manual for any differences.

When I reinstall the carbs, connect the gas lines and try to start it, it just won't start.

If I wait and come back in a few hours, it fires right up, races up to 6k RPMs or higher and then I usually cut it.

I'm going to try and redo the carbs again, but I can't seem to fix this issue. I've tried a bunch of things but all it gives me is a different crazy high RPM idle. Sometimes at 10k

Did you bench sync the carbs? Sounds like you got a butterfly or butterflies open a lil too far.
    My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
    2007 GSXR 750

Comment

That and/or a vaccum leak.
      1998 Katana 750
      1992 Katana 1100
      2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

I got the same issue. I have a 1992 750. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zptXOD2JOI
        My bike will start high off a cold start at around 6 like yours. But When I moved my starter mechanism (black thing with switches and all) the rpms went down to 3 rpms but only after I adjusted my idle. In the video the bike is hitting 1-2 rpms but surging. Now it wont start.

Make sure that you have a vacuum line connected in the back of your petcock. That lines end would be airport 4 (right side port) of your carb. One OG member on the site said that the other ports are welded shut. I believe him but he told me aftermath of me caping the other ports. Also make sure to cap the air box hose that is attached to the bottom and to make sure you are using a stock air filter. All other aftermarket air-filters give problems. What made a difference for me when starting up my bike was adding marvels mystery oil. Cheap around 6$. I added 75% of it into my oil and 25% in my gas. Helps with combustion and gas flow. Other then that let me know what other troubles you run into. Sounds like we have similar problems. I have more videos on my katana, feel free to watch them on my channel.

Comment

Working...
        X