X

cutting out after commute.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cutting out after commute.

Have a issue with the bike cutting out or missing after my commute home after work. On the way to work it has no issues but when im on my way home in the afternoon it does great untill the last 10 minutes or so then it starts to miss or cut out when applying throttle. Its been in the 90s here lately , dont know if it has to do with the heat or what but its frustrating to say the least. My commute is about 30 miles one way, mostly highway. Its really noticable when I hit the back roads and am on and off the throttle going thru curves. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Originally posted by jayblev View Post
    Have a issue with the bike cutting out or missing after my commute home after work. On the way to work it has no issues but when im on my way home in the afternoon it does great untill the last 10 minutes or so then it starts to miss or cut out when applying throttle. Its been in the 90s here lately , dont know if it has to do with the heat or what but its frustrating to say the least. My commute is about 30 miles one way, mostly highway. Its really noticable when I hit the back roads and am on and off the throttle going thru curves. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    So the hotter it gets, the worse it gets?

Is this specific to an RPM range, or it does it all over the range when hot?

Are there any other symptoms at all... bouncy idle, hanging idle, weak power?

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

No certain rpm. Its the whole rpm range. It does have a hanging idle here and there. It does seem like heat has something to do with it.

Comment

Vac leak at the boot on the head?
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran
        If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

not sure. its got me puzzled. i can spray some starter fluid around the boots to see if there is a leak i guess. im just trying to not take it to a shop. that gets expensive real quick.

Comment

treat your fuel with Sea Foam fuel treatment IMO
            Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Originally posted by jayblev View Post
              not sure. its got me puzzled. i can spray some starter fluid around the boots to see if there is a leak i guess. im just trying to not take it to a shop. that gets expensive real quick.
              I'm only a hours ride south...

Krey
              93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

it sounds like something rubber is the culprit to me too. I would do the starter fluid test and see where that gets ya
                My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
                http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
                2007 GSXR 750

Comment

I will give that starter fluid a try this weekend. And Krey we need to hook up and go riding. Like you said your not far away at all. If I cant figure this out I might need to hook up with you sooner than that. Thanks for all the tips. I will let you know how it turns out.

Comment

Working...
                  X